Worst 30 second ride ever

Yellashee

Ok, so my buddy and I decided to make a trip to the shop, and slide my fresh top end/ no-welded gears transmission'd motor back into my frame and hook up all the little stuff...so when the rest of my parts do come in, we can just slap them on as we go. Took us about 4 hours to take our time and clean small parts and put them back on. Went ahead and did the +4 timing plate mod while we had time to kill. Soaked the clutches and all that jazz. So, we got to a stopping point, and he pulled out his little banshee. 05 model, nothing special. Installed his new T6 pipes, new vf3's and some jets. Then we sat there and played with his carbs for a bit and got it running really ripe. That banshee has NEVER pulled that hard before. 

So he's riding around the oilfield lease where he works while I tighten up the clutch springs on my bike. Lot's of gravel, a small patch of dirt, and some muddy grass. He gets out there and let's his nuts hang a bit, stops the bike, drops it to first, revs into the pipe, and let's the clutch rip. Rips around through the gravel, shifts to 2nd, catches the dirt patch, Wham...full out wheel stand, grab bar hits, front end goes back down...all's good. He rides up to me shaking "I'm done for a while, go ride it!" I said "nah, I'm good, just gonna finish messing with this." Then I quickly said "Ok, it's already warmed up, might as well."

I jump on it, grab second get into the pipe and let my nuts hang HARD. I went full retard for a bit. Straightened out the bike, stopped....dropped it to first, eased into the clutch where it started rolling, picked up into 2nd and kept accelerating until I got right under the powerband, then that's when all hell broke loose. In the 2 seconds it took for the powerband to kick in, I went from sitting damn near on the tank with all four wheels on the ground, to the bike on a 90 degree angle at WOT on one wheel. I "attempted" to jump off...terrible fucking idea...  I caught my left foot in the most awkward position. My toes went left, my entire foot literally sideways while my knee stayed straight. I didn't hear or feel a pop or a snap of any kind.... just a quick sharp pain, I dropped and rolled on the ground about 10 feet as the banshee(still in 2nd gear) rolled away still running at idle. 

That happened saturday at 4pm. Went home, slept on it, woke up and was walking on it with a little discomfort, not enough to bitch about. Went to work with buddy at his oilfield location...kinda limping, not that bad.

Then I get home this afternoon, this shit was throbbing, put some ice on it, felt better. About 10 pm i went outside to the front porch to smoke a cig and decided to try and twist it a little. HOLY F'N SH*T it hurt. Drove myself to the ER,.

Come to find out, I've been walking on a broken ankle all fucking day...I have to go to an orthopedist in the morning, Where I broke the shit may require surgery...Awesome!....

Foot in mouth...

post-45228-0-18240900-1362388187.jpg

post-45228-0-22023500-1362388202_thumb.jpg

post-45228-0-91464300-1362388210.jpg

Yea, I had some puma tenny's on...should have went with my gut feeling and stayed off the bike that day.

Yea Loco, never go full retard. My pride was severely damaged from wiping out on a stock bike with some pipes on it :\ Live and learn, don't be a dumbass and ride without safety gear.

Surgery Thursday to re-attach my Tibial Medial Malleolus to my Tibia, 8 weeks of downtime, and a month of phys therapy, and I'll be back at it.

The bright side is I have time to sand the shitty attempt of a paint job that's currently on my plastics.

I still blame the twist throttle! 

• Like 1

Obviously you boys have never ridden a Built Banshee,but really all this out of control on a stocker. LOL. T6's Suck you will see that as time goes by, they dont make much power on top. Ouch your ankle looks like Hell by the way, hope you heal up soon the riding and racing season is getting close.

Just not used to 2-stroke's is all.

The power band is way more fun than any 4-stroke I've ever ridden/owned. It's just me being a dumbass and trying to break into powerband with a twist throttle banshee midway pulling it into a wheelie.

I didn't have a ton of options, hit the point of no return and put my foot down. I'll probably never find out t-6's aren't any better, my buddy is perfectly happy with them! I bought a set of fmf fatty's for mine for the fair price of 135, and that's it. I got this for a trail bike. I have a job, and a family to take care of. The days of dumping thousands into a quad are past me, I just want to ride :) 

Thanks, here's to hoping I'm healed up by the end of May. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Small update on me. I fractured my Talus, my Distal Fibula, and my Tibial Medial Malleolus. Surgery went well. Six screws, a plate, and 12 staples(I dont know why I got staples instead of stitches) It's healing fast though...lot's of milk and vitamin D supplements. 

I should be in a walking boot tomorrow(my next appt.) if all goes well.

Small update on bike. It's not stock, we finally got in touch with the original owner of the banshee I wrecked on(the guy my buddy got it from for $500 had never got it running). It's got a welded crank, some weisco pistons, a shaved head and some portwork done. Has stock cages with carbon fiber reeds, along with a 12 tooth front sprocket. Reason for it not having any sort of airbox and the extremely LEAN jetting was because of a 2-1 intake and some air filter pods which were sold seperate from the bike. 

So, I don't feel AS stupid wiping out on it and destroying my ankle.

Sidewayz, I'm using the purple powerbands now, the red ones just didn't do it for me. They supposedly put more power on top instead of in the middle similar to the green/yellow ones.  :whistling:

Judge, already a step ahead of you bud, picked up some used white alpine stars from a friend that just so happens to have the same size boot for $60 a couple weeks ago. Tried the right one on...figuring it's going to be a while before I get to slide my left foot into anything but the bathtub or a pool.

Glad this shit amused some of you...I ride everything hard. Dirtbikes/quads/my vehicles, I'm a grease monkey at heart...and come from a couple generations of gearheads. Getting hurt at least once every couple years is the story of my life. I'm slowly getting a bit wiser and as my receding hairline gets worse. Realizing my joints/bones are worth covering up with some gear now.

Thanks for all the "get well" shit. You're all a bunch of smart asses, that's why I love these forums.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...