Ricky Stator

I bought a 200 watt stator and your high output flywheel several years back, and the bike had the high end miss that so many complain about.  You guys promptly sent me a new stator and it seemed to run ok.  First trip out and i lost a rod bearing on the first day of the trip.  Upon dissasembly, i noticed the flywheel was not running true.  I put the flywheel on another motor and put a dial indicator on it and it was about .030" out of round.   Gee i wonder if it was a coincidence that i lost a bearing on the bottom end right after installing your out of round flywheel.  Flywheel still sitting on the shelf to this day.  After motor rebuild, went on another trip, and the stator then took a crap on me.  It continued to run fine  however the lighting side went belly up. No night riding on that trip. I removed it and have since never used or recomended another one of your products.  Im sorry but you cant just come on here and say "oh we fixed everything now its all good."  And just for the record when i did call about the above mentioned problems i got the standard " We have never had that problem before"  After joining here and hearing of all the other members with problems,i just laughed to myself.  I will never trust your company again, it cost me money and ruined trips.

• Like 2

Anyone with a stator that failed was given the chance to push or tow their ride back to the truck while cursing your company. Then they got to pull their nerfs, healguards, shifter, sidecover, flywheel and finaly their brand new Ricky Stator......

Then (if it had failed close enough to the original purchase date) they could get another replacement Ricky Stator with all the same quality control issues as the last one, re-assemble everything and roll the dice hoping that one would last more than a couple rides.

Once this issue was widely seen as Chronic...sites like this shared that info with it's members. Lesson learned. Now other than young kids buying stuff off the internet not nowing better, most of the Banshee community knows better.

Do you know how many people have ended up buying and swaping CDI's and coils thinking that was the issue.....because it couldn't possibly be the stator, since theirs was brand new?

Don't tell me that 20 years in business = Quality

McDonalds has been selling chicken nuggets for just as long. But that don't make it good chicken...

• Like 4

We have always taken care or our customers. Not sure you have ever dealt with us based on your statement. Email me your name and I will see when and what you bought and yes we will see about taking care of it. mike@rickystator.com

No need to E/Mail, you came to THE public forum for any thing banshee. You also did it publicly and I will give you the info here. Brett Provins. I bought it back in 04 when I did my stock stroke big bore motor.

It's gonna be a tough crowd to sway and I feel that you guys may have waited to long. Not trying to be a dick, but you couldn't get me to even waste my time with bolting your NEW replacement on my bike. If I saw a few positive results 5 years from now that showed different statistics on your products then maybe. But you would probably have to pay me to put any thing other then an OEM or rewound OEM on my bike.

It's like cheating on your wife, you only get away with so much before enough is enough. Even if you get your shit together, it's a long road back.

• Like 2

Here is all people need to know about finding a good stator.  Note to Ricky Bobby Stator : This is how it's done....

http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=157853

Gary is well known for taking care of fellow site members so they wouldn't have to take the Ricky Bobby Stator challenge. :clap:

And Evan offers a new unit that is top quality too.  :drool:  http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=157853

All i can say is RICKY stator has done nothing but piss me off over the years this company has cost me allot of money on many bikes every bike i get that has one of these stators has been a let down just to many different issues to list and as anybody on here knows im all about making it right when it comes to a unhappy customer im not bullshiting i have literally tossed atleast 4 of your brand new stators right in the trash and will continue to do so untill i see some hard facts pointing in the direction of change I say if you want to make a change and make some guys start trusting you again you need to do some handing out... to a few different guys and let everyone post what they think of this NEW design im the last one to bitch about a product but i can honestly say this will be the only way any one on the HQ will EVER buy another brand new ricky stator and thats if they want to take the time to \even give it a try to many years of problems..... Either way im interested to see how this thread turns out GOOD LUCK to you my friend i really do hope these newly designed stators are everything you say they are and people can start trusting you again 20 years of service good or bad is allot of time to waste over  one crappy design..

hope the best for ya bud 

• Like 1

That was one hell of a run-on sentence there Wes. LOL 

Did you click my link in the post above? Evan was willing to do exactly what you were recommending. So you don't have to risk anything. http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=157853

This Mike guy from Ricky Stator says "It's a rough crowd"...........Yeah, like it's tough to pick up a date when your trolling a rape therapy meeting. LMAO I'm still waiting for him to "Clear up our misconceptions". I think we ALL have a pretty accurate conception.

yeah i was just throwing it out there john i didnt really read any of the thread ive already made my mind up about these guys sounds like me and ron are gonna be heading your way soon for some dyno time hope to see ya soon bud .

LOL on the run on sentence comment i was kind of in a rant LOL...

I can't even imagine how many hours of my life Ricky Stator products have cost me. At least a whole season of riding I spent chasing high end breakups. I sent numerous stock style and 200w stators back. Fact is most test ok. They just preformed like crap. I replaced everything in my electrical system and made numers wire harnesses because I didn't think it was even possible to send someone so many shitty stators. I even had a new RS flywheel destroy its self taking out a crank. You want to fix things? Give me all my money back from parts, time, trips wasted from your products. Im sure that wolln't happen. Ill never use or let someone I know use anything that looks like or has your name on it. Im sure youll just disapear now. Sorry. 

I have got to agree with the rest of the crowd here. I rebuilt my buddies motor and we took it out to the dunes and broke it in and no matter what we did could not keep plugs in and and could not make it run at all. Spent 2 trips trying to jet the bike trying everything we could to make it run and it would just not work. Finally took off the Ricky Stator put a stock one on it and have never had a issue with the way the bike runs since. We have put 4 seasons on the bike with no issues. Every one I know that has ran one has had major issues and ended up towed back to camp you could not pay me to run of of your stators!

Because of issues I and customers have had in the past, I have not sold, and will not sell your parts to my customers until I see that the product has been fixed. These guys on here are not going to just take your word for it at this point. When somebody offers a product it is assumed that the product has been tested for quality. Once the quality of a company's products come into question as much as yours have, you just need to start at square one and start getting your name out there again, but with a good product this time.

-Brandon