are these shocks worth it?

H300F

thanks for telling me about m.j.

i will be doing a lot of fast trail riding and possibly getting into harescrambles.

i want good shocks but am limited because i dropped a lot into the engine , so i thought bottom of the line elka shocks for 500 would be probably better then top of the line works shocks and they would be good enough for what im doing and hopfully fit my budget. 500 is a lot to me right now but i figure i wont be happy if i buy 200-300 works and in the future i will want elkas.

what do you think, elka dual rate without zezzy's?

id skip the rezzie unless racing, elka's run cool because they over valve, call or email eric at elka tell him you found a dealer who has several complaints and dont trust doing business with him after eric is done being pissed someones jerking elka customers around he will offer you a better price on them and you will be talking to the guy who's going to set them up for you, i have front and rear full race ssd's and saved 400 bucks by going straight to elka, the less expensive elkas are not a cheap shock and to run elka triple's you need a gullwing a-arm that will take the longer shock body so right away the ad you found is misleading to say the least, also tell eric that or i will shoot him the link for you and lastly make godamm sure you ask him for a free tee shirt with your order......

hey guys, i have been looking for elkas this week for my banshee also and getting ready to order a pair. i was quoted $415 for dual rate, no rezzies by a guy i found on the net. id like the res for $589 but dont know if its worth the extra 160 bucks just to hav the cans hanging there. is this good or whould i be better off calling elka directly? i never called them direct because i just assumed they would charge full retail like most manufacturers. i ride mostly mx and am getting tired of fixing bent footpegs and bend shocks. you think i better quality shock would fix my bottoming out problem?

thanks

id skip the rezzie unless racing, elka's run cool because they over valve, call or email eric at elka tell him you found a dealer who has several complaints and dont trust doing business with him after eric is done being pissed someones jerking elka customers around he will offer you a better price on them and you will be talking to the guy who's going to set them up for you, i have front and rear full race ssd's and saved 400 bucks by going straight to elka, the less expensive elkas are not a cheap shock and to run elka triple's you need a gullwing a-arm that will take the longer shock body so right away the ad you found is misleading to say the least, also tell eric that or i will shoot him the link for you and lastly make godamm sure you ask him for a free tee shirt with your order......

What he said. You can't beat going through the company that makes them.

hey guys, i have been looking for elkas this week for my banshee also and getting ready to order a pair.  i was quoted $415 for dual rate, no rezzies by a guy i found on the net.  id like the res for $589 but dont know if its worth the extra 160 bucks just to hav the cans hanging there. is this good or whould i be better off calling elka directly?  i never called them direct because i just assumed they would charge full retail like most manufacturers. i ride mostly mx and am getting tired of fixing bent footpegs and bend shocks.   you think i better quality shock would fix my bottoming out problem?

thanks

welcome to the HQ Checkster....i think a better shock will solve your problem, and in my opnion you need the rebound adjustment more than the rezzie in a elka anyway, for mx i like to have control of how fast the shock rises more so than compresses if i had to pick id take a rebound adjustment over compression although they all have compression adjustments the more expensive body has both, elkas dont fade easy so you can get by without the rezzie, the spring gage is your key to not bottoming out, the shock body only controls what the spring is doing, id go straight to elka the middle man will only foul up your order, when i purchased my Full Race SSD"S, Eric was picking my brain about track conditions, my weight and so on, well i mentioned i freestyle jump on this bike also so when i mounted my new shocks the fronts were just perfect but the rear just chattered down the track the ass end of my bike was stiff as hell, i called Eric and told him what was going on so he apoligezed and overnighted me the next gage down in a secondary spring, free of charge, i swapped springs and now the rear couldnt be better, eric also mentioned he would service my elkas at a great price. although our local sponser will recharge them for us, Eric knows the valving better than most and can taylor your shocks for more or less compression and rebound via the valving....i think there is something to be said for going straight to the source.........

thanks for the tips guys. i emailed elka and they gave a good recommendation and explanation of each type of shock they offer along with prices. unfortunately they just quoted me MSRP, so I guess I will go through the middle man(dealer) cause it will be way cheaper.

checkster

• 2 weeks later...
call or email eric at elka tell him you found a dealer who has several complaints and dont trust doing business with him after eric is done being pissed someones jerking elka customers around he will offer you a better price on them and you will be talking to the guy who's going to set them up for you, i have front and rear full race ssd's and saved 400 bucks by going straight to elka,

There it is.

another good reason even if you do pay retail over saving 20-40 bucks is you can call elka and tell eric just how you want the shock, in my case i told him i race mx, but will also long jump this bike, well eric must have thought i said i drop the bike off my roof cause the rear was stiff as hell and i just chattered down the track, so i told eric and he sent me a softer spring free of charge, but the stiffer spring with my preload backed off is fantastic for open riding just not soft enough for the track, so actually i now have a nice setup for both, the guy in the middle would have probally said tuff shit......

• 14 years later...