Vforce 2 vs 3 vs 4

Uf21

What is each one good for.

I'm looking to get reeds. Which one will give more power and which will give me more throttle response?

I've done a bit of searching and there is a lot of mixed answers. Hoping this won't turn into one of those threads.

3's or 4's what ever you can get cheaper.

youre not gonna notice much diff between them. apparently vf2 yield the most power but have bad design on fixing the petal to the reed block.  the 3's have a great "clip in" petal  to the  cage design but dont perform like the vf2'  and i think the vf4 flows like a vf2 and has the same vf3 clip in petal design.

vf4 seem decent, if i need reeds ill go vf4.

ive had  the same v3 for 4years, over 4 engine setups.

youre not going to notice the difference between them. 

3's or 4's what ever you can get cheaper.

youre not gonna notice much diff between them. apparently vf2 yield the most power but have bad design on fixing the petal to the reed block.  the 3's have a great "clip in" petal  to the  cage but dont perform up top like the vf2'  and i think the vf4 flows like a vf2 and has the same vf3 clip in petal design.

vf4 seem decent, if i need reeds ill go vf4.

ive had  the same v3 for 4years, over 4 engine setups.

youre not going to notice the difference between them. 

What about throttle response, which gives best throttle response? Or is that also the same shit?

with a well tuned bike, i dont think you will feel much of a difference.

you could go some chariot cages with the petals they supply. they will work just as good on your setup and even when you start playing with porting.

when you start getting into bigger/ ported  motors, then the vforce reeds will shine as they have twice as many petal and dont have to open as much to flow the same amount of air as other reeds.

If your a 100% alky burning drag racer - V2's for their peak power.

If you ride anything else - V4's for way better bottom end, peak numbers that are almost the same as 2's and throttle responce that's even stronger than 3's. The stock 4's outshine the 3's even if the 3's had the stuffer mod.

Some motors have shown as much as 7 extra HP of mid RPM power with the 4's.

So much, that if you swap your 3's for a new set of 4's you should install one size larger pilot jet.

This is all dyno tested info. Done on a wide variety of motors from bolt-on basic bikes on pump gas all the way thru alky burning draggers.

• Like 1

I have/ had vf2. I keep losing pedals. I've gotten lucky and haven't eaten any screws, but I will be on my 3rd set of pedals in 6 months soon. The first time a back fire took them out, second time they frayed and cracked, sent them to moto tassanari, got them back basically brand new and all rebuilt, lost a pedal when the screws backed out. The last time was my fault. When I got them back from them I assumed they used loc-tite. But when I finally get new pedals I will run them again

i have a couple of sets of 2's lying around.  they all need petals..

didn't know the 2's had more hp than the 3's.  that's good to know.  of course  in my opinion then based on your results.  i would just buy the 4's and never look back.

at first i was going to just say.

v-2's bout 100.00

v-3's bout 150.00

v-4's bout 210.00ish

biggest difference i have seen.  OH  the 2's are easier to make look like stock....