My banshee was stolen.

Rustynail

Special06shee where do you run the vin to check for leans.

Rustynail, hopefully the local law enforcement people won't be dicks since you helped them catch two counterfeiters and give you your bike back.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I called the state police and they were not willing to give out the info.. So i normally call my local notary lady witch i know rather well and have her do the reach on the quad for me! Not 100% sure where she get her info from, maybe dcnr?

After reading this terrible story I decided to do a little checking on my bike since I don't have a title for it.  I found this website which supposedly searches for total loss and stolen and mine shows up clean, not sure how accurate it is.

https://www.nicb.org/theft_and_fraud_awareness/vincheck/vincheck

I am now looking for a way to see if it has a lien against it and what state it was last titled in.

Sorry lol. Latest update is I picked up my banshee from the sheriff dept. on my lunch break today. I did not have to show a title or ownership papers. I did not even have to show I.D. You big city guys just dont understand that things work a little different in rural america. I mean the impound yard didnt even have a fence around it lol  :banana:

The secret service tossed his house the same day he was arrested. they also found another ATV that was purchased with counterfeit money, that had been reported. He paid 3k in monopoly money for that one.. So i am sure i made someone elses day brighter by nabbing this Ass hole.They also found more of the imitation green. I have a feeling he will be going away for a long time.

Sorry lol. Latest update is I picked up my banshee from the sheriff dept. on my lunch break today. I did not have to show a title or ownership papers. I did not even have to show I.D. You big city guys just dont understand that things work a little different in rural america. I mean the impound yard didnt even have a fence around it lol  :banana:

Well your lucky there. Wait till they wire your town for phones and computers......then when the local courts figure out they can fund the police and court system with the sale of all these items in the impound....you'll be singing the same tune as the big city folks.

Till then be thankful your living in Mayberry. Next time your walking your pig into town....Head on down to the sherifs office and give him one of your prized chickens as a thank you. LOL

Oh...take note! If he had taken it out of the area...you would never have gotten it back. So...luckily you were only robbed by a local. That's the nice part about living in the country......you only get victimized by people close to you.  

He was actually from topeka, which might have been a different ballgame if had made it across the county line but he didnt. And i feel good that I helped someone else get their atv back. and who knows what else he bought with it, laptops stereos etc.

I have a few things to say about this...

One, if it looks like a shit deal, it's a shit deal. The fact he was "low on gas" yet had that kind of cash to give you was a NUMBER 1 tell tale.

Second, you brought your preggo wife with you for a CL deal?  To a gas station, late at night, in BFE?   Really?

• Like 1