My banshee was stolen.

Rustynail

After texting with a guy for a couple days about my banshee on Craigslist I agreed to meet a guy at my dads farm so he could buy my banshee. After waiting for him for two hours he said he was hung up at work. He said he was going to be coming from the town i live in, so I decided to haul the bike back to my place so when he got off we could meet. Just about the time I got home, he text me saying He was on his way. I said I was in town I could just meet him somewhere. Then he said he was coming from the town I was just at. I thought this was stange. he tried to get me to meet me 45 min from my house. It was already 11:00 Pm and I wasnt going to do that. I told him I could meet him tommorow or this weekend and he said it had to be that night. I told him him the places i could meet him and he didnt respond for about half an hour. Finally he said he could meet me at one of the places i chose. So I drove 30 min to a gas station out in the middle of nowwhere. I waited for another 15 min for him to show up, so i tried to call him. It was a number that could not accept incoming calls. He finally called me from a restricted number and told me he didnt have enough gas if i could meet him in a very small town (50 or less people) that was 5 miles from where i was. I thought it was strange that he had enough money to buy my bike but not enough to put fuel in the tank. I reluctantly agreed and drove to this town. It was dark as Hell with no street light or any light. Finally He came into town and pulled a u turn behind me. I locked my preggo GF in the truck and told her to call 911 if there was any trouble. Two guys got out of the truck. One White and one Black. The white guy was the one buying it and he looked it over quickly with a cell phone light and handed me cash. I asked him if it was real and he said yes. With the truck doors locked i held it up the bed light of the truck. As far as I could tell it looked real. I helped him unload it and they quickly threw it in the back of his truck and took off. I took off in the opposite direction but something right away didnt feel right, I turned on the dome light and the bills just didnt look right. I asked my GF and she said they didnt feel right. After only driving about a mile I spun a U turn right in the highway and called 911. I told the dispather i made a deal and thought I Was given fake money. I spoke to her the whole time as I drove about 10 Mi at a high rate of speed. I got to the top of a hill where i could see them make a left at the town i grew up in. Finally she told me they had the vehicle pulled over to stop and a sheriff officer would meet me. The officer got there and verified that I was given fake bills...20's 50's and 100's were all fake. 1640 dollars total.  The guys were arrested.  The officer endend up having to call a representative on the US treasury that was going to dispatch a member of the Secret service to question the guys. So as it stands right now my banshee is in impound for evidence and hopefully the guy will face federal charges.

I'm sure somebody will disagree with this statement.....But ALL Banshee's come with a title and ALL states require a title. (If a bank is able to lend money to buy it....there is a title somewhere.)

You may not be REQUIRED to get the title after buying a new Banshee......but in every court of law, a bill of sale only proves payment....NOT OWNERSHIP.

If you don't have a title.....you DON'T OWN THE QUAD. You may have possession of a quad, you may even have proof you paid for a quad. But you don't have OWNERSHIP of anything and that little difference makes a WORLD of difference when the shit hits the fan.

If the cops find "Your Quad"...you still need to PROVE the quad is yours. The only document that establishes ownership is the title.

yeah but in a state where registering your quad to be able to ride it is not a requirement, no one seems to have one. I have owned about 7 atv's and never had one with a title. I bought a blaster brand new with a certificate of origin but I never sent it off to get the title because its not requried. Thats just the way it is here.

I'm sure somebody will disagree with this statement.....But ALL Banshee's come with a title and ALL states require a title. (If a bank is able to lend money to buy it....there is a title somewhere.)

You may not be REQUIRED to get the title after buying a new Banshee......but in every court of law, a bill of sale only proves payment....NOT OWNERSHIP.

If you don't have a title.....you DON'T OWN THE QUAD. You may have possession of a quad, you may even have proof you paid for a quad. But you don't have OWNERSHIP of anything and that little difference makes a WORLD of difference when the shit hits the fan.

If the cops find "Your Quad"...you still need to PROVE the quad is yours. The only document that establishes ownership is the title.

Indiana didn't title atvs until just a few years ago, and without a title from another state or the manufactures certificate of origin they still won't title an ATV

Thats just jacked up man!  

When I sold my sport bike on craigslist I told everyone that called that I would do cash only and the exchange would have to be made inside a bank to verify the money was good.

Had a lot of people call that refused to do it!  Always wanted me to meet them at some location that I wasnt familiar with.  I wouldnt go, they would always say "well you must not want to sell it to bad!"  Didnt have to sell so I wasnt worried about it.  Finally a guy called, I explained how and where the exchange would be made he said no problem, he looked the bike over, walked in the bank, verified the money was good, walked out and loaded the bike and everyone left happy.

Hopefully you get your Banshee back and your next deal works out better for you.  Do it on your terms!  If they want it bad enough and have nothing to hide they will come.  GLWS!

Not all states require that you title an ATV

but ALL states will issue a title.

If you don't have a title....you don't OWN your ATV....your just in possesion of it

Now that his ATV is no longer in his possesion and is in Police inpound....he will need to show a title to get it back.

If he has no title....the only way he will get it back will be if he buys it back at the Police auction.