F.A.S.T. CLUTCH VS TUSK CLUTCH COMPARISON

FASTOYS

This is to compare our clutch kits vs. Tusk. We are not bashing the Tusk clutch kits we are just comparing them side by side to ours. A lot of people want the Tusk kits because they are cheap but hopefully from all this you can see why we don’t recommend them.
Picture of the F.A.S.T. and Tusk frictions side by side. You can clearly see our frictions are thicker and stronger on the tabs that go into the basket. This is crucial for less basket wear and grooving because the load is spread evenly throughout each tab. Also added rigidity to the entire friction.
2012-12-04_11-34-04_800.jpg
Picture of our heavy springs vs. Tusk heavy springs. Notice how our springs are taller than the Tusk. When installing the Tusk springs the clutch bolts will thread almost a ¼ of the way in without even compressing the spring whereas on ours you have to “preload” the springs per say to start the clutch bolts. What this does essentially is give you more spring holding pressure.
2012-12-06_09-39-59_867.jpg
F.A.S.T. steel vs. Tusk steel. Notice the Tusk isn’t full like ours which give you less clutch apply area.
2012-12-06_09-41-21_15.jpg
F.A.S.T. vs. Tusk (friction thickness comparison) Longer clutch longevity!
2012-12-06_09-44-00_862.jpg
2012-12-06_09-44-48_975.jpg
F.A.S.T. vs. Tusk (friction width comparison) More clutch holding area!
2012-12-06_09-50-20_475.jpg
2012-12-06_09-50-55_490.jpg
F.A.S.T. vs. Tusk (tab width comparison) Our clutch fits tighter preventing less wear on the clutch basket from the tabs slamming back and forth when you dump the clutch. Allows for smoother clutch disengagement as well.
2012-12-06_09-54-31_850.jpg
2012-12-06_09-54-53_464.jpg
F.A.S.T. vs. Tusk (tab thickness comparison) As stated above in the first picture, our frictions are thicker and stronger on the fingers that go into the basket. This is crucial for less basket wear and grooving because the load is spread evenly throughout each tab. Also adds rigidity to the entire friction. The #s speak for themselves!
2012-12-06_09-59-54_912.jpg
2012-12-06_09-59-37_59.jpg
F.A.S.T. vs. Tusk (friction width comparison) More clutch holding area!
2012-12-06_10-03-19_93.jpg
2012-12-06_10-03-32_214.jpg
F.A.S.T. vs. Tusk (side by side comparison)
2012-12-06_10-05-29_555.jpg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Our F.A.S.T.  CLUTCH is  $99.95     http://www.farmandsandtoys.com/partdetail.asp?partid=34

I beleive the Tusk clutch is $50.  Dont get me wrong , if you can only afford that much then it is what it is... We too can get cheap clutch kits but they have fibers just like the Tusk that  flex a bunch when you twist them, and are very thin on contact area (tabs that go in clutch basket and cause wear).  : (

If you want a cheapie clutch ask us for one,  but we do not recommend or have them on our website, as we prefer to do it once and do it right !

Tedder (a well respected site member) has run many many many of our clutches as he likes to try different things in 1/4mi setup... He has told me many times that he likes ours the best out of all of the many he has tried.  

Nice post Jeff!!! So what is your price? On average how much longer do your clutches last?

not sure how much longer than brand x but i know on high hp bikes we have had them last well over a season (year).  My 10 mm Alky bike had our same clutch for like 4 years and countless runs.

Nice post Jeff!!! So what is your price? On average how much longer do your clutches last?

not sure how much longer than brand x but i know on high hp bikes we have had them last well over a season (year). My 10 mm Alky bike had our same clutch for like 4 years and countless runs.

Right on... I'll have to give yours a try in the near future then

Hey there Jeffrey! Been a while. Happy Holidays to you.

Saw my name mentioned in your post and thought I'd add my nutswingin' .02 to the topic for the new guy's.

We've (my family) bracket raced 1/4 mile asphalt Banshee's since 2005.

Having done serious track testing over the years with a number of brands and compositions in our multi-stage lockups I can say that the Fast fibers and steels are excellent and all I'll run now.

There are cheaper choices but you usually get what you pay for....

Link to an old youtube video someone posted of me. I'm at 4:52

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebG3qMelLak

i do happen to have a fast clutch in my bike now, without a lockup i might add, and am very satisfied.  

more than that, i am really impressed with this thread/write-up.  i think more threads like this would be very beneficial, especially for the newer people.  i would def encourage more threads on different topics.  

thanks jeff