Ohlins shocks, like brand new- need revalving for stock A arms?

boyzee81

Hi all - need help

Just picked these Ohlins up for $800 - Front and rear shocks like brand new!

guy brought them 2 yrs ago but had them on his shee for only 4 months on the road (street legal in UK!) he ordered them from main dealer and told them he already had FULL FLIGHT A Arms but he can't remember whether they were +2 or +3 wider - rear shock was on stock swing arm so shouldn't be an issue??

I have stock set up and am planning on keeping it that way due to riding very tight trails and being on a tight budget.

They were valved for his rider weight which luckily is exactly the same as mine but need to know whether i should get them revalved before fitting them or if it can wait a while- fit now and revalve in 6 months once i have more cash?-im lucky if i ride once a month for 1/2 a day at a time.

its gona cost me $320 to get them revalved and serviced which for me is alot

I want them set up for cross country/trail riding

what will happen if i fit these on my stocker arms but they are valved for +2/+3??

ps tried asking dealer where they were purchased new- they don't keep records going back 2 years

any help from you guys is needed as we are extremely short of banshee knowledge over here!

post-41875-0-20943400-1355321466.jpg

post-41875-0-47853400-1355321491.jpg

just spoke to the dealer who supplied these- he said it's not the valving so much but check the spring as ohlins supply diifferent springs depending on a arm geometry rather than just setting the valving. he's now looking up the 'standard spring' serial number that would be suppied for a factory stock banshee with 'normal/default' rider weight and will check those against the serial numbers on mine

i got a smoking deal and can't wait to get these fitted but at the same time don't want to ruin these as i couldn't afford to replace them.

thanks for the info- i might fit them and give it a try but am tempted to wait as it may snow any day now here in south east England and if it does it only lasts a few days before its gone and need my shee ready 24/7 for some 2 stroke rippin'!!!

ive attached a pic of the FULL FLIGHTs these shocke were fitted to- any experts out there can tell whether these are +2 or +3??

cheers

post-41875-0-13665800-1355336881.jpg

spoke with John this morning at REVS SUSPENSION in the west midllands (supplying dealer) he checked out the serial numbers on the springs for me to check if they were uprated from Ohlins to allow for the wider front end- they were not so great news for me so should be good to go as far as the springs are concerned.

THANKS JOHN!

I am gona fit them on and measure the SAG etc to get the preload set right. I know i will have to still get them valved for cross country riding but will get the sag sorted first and see how they feel initially.

this is all completely new to me being a newbie so any pointers are welcome (and needed) !!

cheers

Some of the most broad, and downright incorrect advice ever in this thread.

OP, do yourself a favor and talk to a suspension guy of your choice and ignore everything you read in here, except for that tidbit of golden knowledge above that springer quoted. That was accurate...

Valving has nothing to do with your weight. LAWL.

FYI Matt..... If ya read my post end of first sentence please tell me where I went wrong... And please get your head out of your ass you ignorant fuck

Again... some of the worst advice I have ever seen. I read what you put... I'm still right.

The OP has a professional that he is consulting with. There is no need to be dishing out misinformation with the intention of trying to make yourself look knowledgeable. The only reason I saw this thread, was because someone PM'd it to me asking me what the hell you were talking about and that it didn't make any sense.

Stick to giving out advice about squish and dome angles since you're obviously an expert in that field, too.

Unbelievable.

PS. Maybe you should learn the definition of "ignorant" before you try to use it. The irony is hilarious.

your as usefull as tits on a bull.

I stay out of most of this shit, but when you completely screw up saying I like, then I'll correct you.

It is "worthless\useless as tits on a boar"  Bulls don't have tits, you're a dumb ass.  Also, your and you're are different, figure it out.