Tommygunn

Sorry that was a responce to possum

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a boobie inspector!!!!!

• Like 1

i dont doubt u windy. ive just never seen that happen with steel arms. u say it like anything built with mild steel is junk. which is so false. chromoly has its own problems as well.

What's wrong with chromoly? The next step up from that is Titanium.

Mild steel is a step down from chromoly. you have to make something out of very thick mild steel for it to come close to chromoly in strength, and at that point all you have done is add weight of mass to make up for lack of strength.

From all the way back in my old school BMX days till now.......mild steel is a strong as it sounds (mild) and chromoly is the premium metal for bike frames as well as ATV frames and suspension parts.

And YES. It tore the metal all around the welds. The welds held, but the square tube metal weakened enough that the metal ripped in a circle just beyond the edge of the welds.

50% mild steel and 50% mild steel = 100% not chromoly and 100% now you gotta buy another swing arm. If you went cheap on the first arm because of budget...how will you afford a second cheap arm when the first one breaks? Two cheap arms cost more than one good arm with a honda carrier.

What's wrong with chromoly? The next step up from that is Titanium.

Mild steel is a step down from chromoly. you have to make something out of very thick mild steel for it to come close to chromoly in strength, and at that point all you have done is add weight of mass to make up for lack of strength.

From all the way back in my old school BMX days till now.......mild steel is a strong as it sounds (mild) and chromoly is the premium metal for bike frames as well as ATV frames and suspension parts.

And YES. It tore the metal all around the welds. The welds held, but the square tube metal weakened enough that the metal ripped in a circle just beyond the edge of the welds.

50% mild steel and 50% mild steel = 100% not chromoly and 100% now you gotta buy another swing arm. If you went cheap on the first arm because of budget...how will you afford a second cheap arm when the first one breaks? Two cheap arms cost more than one good arm with a honda carrier.

Possum knows Mat Shearer, he is never wrong..

Oh wait...

Ok then.

• 4 weeks later...

thanks man. im putting it on ebay in about 30minutes. Its a shame because he could get my Chromoly one for less than a mild steel one.

Does the $315 SoCal Quoted you include a Round House Billet Carrier? I just wanted to remind you that a Billet Carrier for the Round House Swingarms cost anywhere from $150 to $200 depending on who you buy it from.