Castle Creation Mamba Max ESC

87BRBanshee

Does anybody know why this ESC Link to ESC is not supposed to be used with 10th scale trucks?

I bought an 3905 Emaxx that had this esc on it off of ebay and it shorted out on the case i believe and i want to get another but im not sure what to get.

If my google search for info on the truck is correct then that truck is designed for the 2 brushed motors run off the single esc. it may be fairly easy to find the parts to make it stock and probably fairly cheap. that esc is designed to run 1 540 size motor so even though it may make the truck move its not quite suited to the extra weight and turning the big tires. the esc and motors that go with it are more suited to the on road cars and lighter offroad machines such as buggies, truggies and stadium trucks etc.

if you want it to be fast i would look around the forums and see what it will take to convert to an 1/8th scale brushless motor. this one specifically mmp esc/motor. i believe it is the same system that powers the mmp emaxx's. combine that with 2 3s lipo's in series and you will have one badass machine that can easily hit 45-60+. being that the emaxx chassis has those as an option i dont think it would be too difficult to find the parts to convert it.

I would also send castle an email and see if they can either fix the current esc so you can sell it (i believe its $75 to have it replaced) or see if they will allow you to upgrade it to the bigger one at a price reduced from the retail price. i know a few guys that have sent their esc's back to castle for repairs and have gotten really good deals on new ones and they have great customer service.

The esc is rated for a certain amount of current draw or load going thru it. That is a 1/10 car esc. They use the higher rpm but less torque motors that are rated as 3300, 4600,6500 etc. They will turn more rpms in a lightweight car and go very fast. For a 1/10 truck you will want a motor rated in the 1800-3800 range. 1800-2300 would be for like a monster truck or crawler, basher used in grass , dirt and a street type truck or 2 wd will go a little faster with the higher rpm motors like 2600-3800. You want the esc to match the motor as well as you can. I still dont have my mamba in my slash tuned perfect with the gearing and timing perfect but they can be very fast with the right combo.