Farm and Sand Toys

theneil

I bought a banshee about 3 months ago, and it was my first dirtbike since i was about 15 when i had a bultaco 125. It had a home ported four mil when i bought it, and after about a month of riding it sputtered to stop and the kicker was locked up.. Someone forgot a cylinder locating dowel...

Anyways, i got a 68/58 serval and basically everything to seal it back up and some maintenance items, a whole new clutch setup and head with 23cc domes as well. around 3400 bucks all together, and it was a great experience. Fast shipping, good packaging and they helped me out alot on the phone, and this was the first 2 cycle ive ever built, so im sure theyve heard my questions a million times but they didnt seem to mind.

If your banshee is broken or you want to make it faster, farm and sand toys are the only people to call

Also the serval is tits. Its not all low end either, it can be wound out pretty damn far. I can feel that my pipes arnt really the best thing for it, but im broke now so theyll have to do. Ive never heard a 2 cycle idle like this either, really cool sounds. Compared to the 60thou over 4mil with a pretty high quality home port job, it has more power all over the rpm range for certain, and you can putt it around without stalling it constantly. I usually ride pretty quick but it was embarrassing when id slow to go past my neighbors house up a hill half the time it would die, but no more! its quicker from a stand still and rolling in 2nd than my buddies stock CR500

The only thing that i had trouble with putting it together myself with a modest tool set was listening to the clymers manual about torquing the clutch spring bolts. just hand tighten them with a 1/4 in drive ratchet... dont torque to 10 n.m (if you have the F.A.S.T. clutch springs anyways)

_-Neil

Edited by theneil

Good stuff, ive been around atvs and bikes my entire life but just recently got a banshee and hope to do business with them here soon, i hear nothing but good stuff about them, i plan on buying alot of there products for when i do a rebuild.

you will be happy, Jeff is great to deal with and does awsome work. I called him on a holiday weekend with jetting and timing questions and he was happy to help me.

I got my cyls back from him the weekend before an event, he told me to call him. to make sure everything was rite and help with tuning.

I know everyone says all sponsors are great do deal with. Blah blah blah. But jeff at FAST really is a great guy. I dont even have a motor from him and hes helped me. Some here u have to spend big money to get good help. Jeff is a good dude no bias whatsoever.. U cant go wrong.

• 3 months later...

Thanks guys ! Appreciate it ! Have a Happy Thanksgiving... : )