Set Up for front & back

pinky720

For that price you are gonna have to buy used parts. But I would go with a set of +2+1 a arms and a set of good shocks. Axis,elka,tcs,pep,fox those are the better brand shocks. You can leave the rear stock except for the axle. Go with a +4 axle. The next step would be a good rear shock and a -1 or -2 round house swingarm. Maybe even long travel. But that's when things start to get expensive.

For $1500 you can do quite a bit with that bike...

+2+1, or +3+1 a-arms are a must. A top tier aftermarket front shock isn't absolutely a necessity, but always buy the best you can within your budget. Stick to a company that has been around a long time, and that will be around for a long time. Elka, Axis, or Works are the 3 most popular brands, that I don't see going anywhere anytime soon. TCS is out of business and was absorbed by Race-Tech, and parts are pretty much obsolete for them. PEP shocks are not very popular, and I don't foresee them being on the market for much longer unless miracles are done around there.

Notice I didn't recommend Fox. Personally, I am not a fan of the floats. They ride excellent, and are fantastic performing shocks. My issue lies with their reliability. If you blow out an Elka, Axis, or Works shock, you can still finish a race, ride, trip, whatever. If you get an air leak on a float, you're done until you replace the seals in the air spring chamber. Fox Podiums, on the other hand, are great shocks, and definitely look into them if the budget allows.

As far as the rear goes, an axle to match your front width is advisable. +4 is pretty much the industry standard for aftermarket axles. Whether or not you should give some attention to your rear shock is largely dependent upon what you do with your swingarm, and how much you weigh. If you're a lighter guy <180lb and on a stock length swingarm, leave the stock rear shock alone, throwing money at an aftermarket shock, or to have that shock built is a waste. If you're over 180lbs, on a stock swingarm, consider having your stock rear shock rebuilt, revalved, and resprung which runs $218.00 plus shipping with about a 7-10 day turnaround time.

Shop around and dont be in a rush to buy right away, i picked up stage 2 elkas with remote ressy, eyeball engineering +2+1 arms, amd a elka elite LT rear shick with linkage for $1600 for everything. Front shocks were new, everything used but like new condition. Keep in mind the deal on the rear shock doesnt come by often. But they are out there. Def start with the front shocks, and arms. Then do the +4 axle as stated. It will handle like shit if u do the front without adressing the back.

Good luck and post pics when you get them