air screw and idle screw

Ok, this is what we did for my old 2-1

58 pilot/165 main EEK needle

Isolate the pilot circuit:

Start the bike, let it idle. Adjusting the airscrew(AS), by 1/4 turn increments. When the idle screw is all the way in, start adjusting out. The bike will have a very rough idle all the way in. Adjust out to the point it starts to rev back up, go past this until it revs back down. This will show you where you want the AS set at. Next set it there. Hit the gas and see how it responds. Take it for a spin, not far but 3 gears is fine. If it backfires your pilot is lean, go up to 55 or so and repeat.

I am betting the reason it won't idle is you have an air leak at the carb boot where it hooks to the manifold.

Back the AS in to about a 1/2 turn out and see how that is.

Side note, those silencers sound weird, when was the last repacking?

Adam

Of note: in the end you want your AS between 1-2 turns out. If its below 1 you need to up the pilot and above 2 you want to drop the pilot.

only problem is that the bike barley idles with the idle screw all the way in, when i turn it out it stalls

• 8 years later...

I had same problem.rich on pilot.I got a banshee and it had the spring off on my 2:1 35mm air striker.put the spring back on .and keep your finger on the slide .slowly screw the idle speed scwer in. Once you feel the slide start to move. turn it in only three turns.put a 42 in and see what happens.with some dry plugs