YFZ hybrid

couldn't shift into third so started 5th....passed up to 2nd down the first straight...it is FAST!!! haha.  I got beat by my buddy who built a banshee motor similar to mine (but has it in a banshee frame).  I drove by 3 guys on the back straight like they were standing still.  But at the end of the race I couldn't downshift into 3rd (so stuck in 4th/5th/6th....so it's coming apart and I couldn't run it in the final.  But, it is MUCH faster than our trx/yfz hybrid and that machine has yet to be consistently beat (I won 35 of 36 races with it last year and I only lost because I blew it up).

The handling is AWESOME!  It rides almost as good as our trx/yfz hybrid and that is the best we've ridden on.

I hopped on the pro trx for the mains and got second behind the trx/yfz hybrid (my brother) after getting the holeshot in all 3 starts/restarts.  The buddy with the banshee couldn't shift off the start either and started 8th in the one that counted.  His doesn't handle as well so he has to run wide in the corners and couldn't get past many guys.

My new build is gonna be pretty similar. Been doing a ton of research on the 450 chassis and swaping the banshee motor. Once I get working steady again I'm starting the new motor and chassis for next season.

What is the motor combo and who did it?

As far as your tranny issues. Did you do any work at all to it? You should definitely at least have some type of stock cut. I have been toying the idea of even doing a 1-3 over ride to get the hole shot.

Keep us updated!

• 2 weeks later...

stock yfz450 radiator, no fan, stock cap, engine ice.

I've got a spare new PWR (yfz450) radiator but I doubt I'll be using it.  No issues so far.

However, I'm running in the winter, on an oval at high speeds...there isn't really any better conditions for keeping a motor cool than that.  In fact, we sometimes tape part of our radiators off cuz they run too cold.

stock yfz450 radiator, no fan, stock cap, engine ice.

I've got a spare new PWR (yfz450) radiator but I doubt I'll be using it.  No issues so far.

However, I'm running in the winter, on an oval at high speeds...there isn't really any better conditions for keeping a motor cool than that.  In fact, we sometimes tape part of our radiators off cuz they run too cold.

you ever wanna sell that pwr, let me know. that would go nicely on my yfz

• 11 months later...
  • 5 years later...

Thought maybe I should revive this thread.

Picked up the rolling chassis 2 weeks ago. Just got my my motor in it. Redline 10mm serval. Pipes are going to be a bit of a wait but I’ll post updates as i go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, lastnline75 said:

What pipes you going to run?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thinking about trying to fit up some Snipers once he gets back to making them.