tz and max load bearings

BLOODRAGE

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just have a couple random thoughts to add to this thread:

More balls doesnt always mean a higher load rating, sometimes just higher rpm rating ( IE- 10ball vs 14ball). go spend some time in the NTN catalog its pretty neat.

Koyo or ntn are the only bearings to run. skf =shit as far as im concerned. Having to replace everything because one failed gets expensive. :(

TDR is the cheapest place to get the ntn maxload bearings at $30. Most bearing houses cant get them.

the stock vs straight cut gears with the TZ seems to be a hit or miss. Why use a TZ then? because a roller bearing has a higher load rating. Wheel bearings come to mind here :)

Also running a TZ bearing without straight cuts. No issues for 2 years.

its been proven that running a tz with stock gears does NOT make the bearing go bad

check the link in thread

tz bearing has exploded with Straight CUTS and stock gears

and being that you have ran yours for 2years with stock gears just further proves that !

its been proven that running a tz with stock gears does NOT make the bearing go bad

check the link in thread

tz bearing has exploded with Straight CUTS and stock gears

and being that you have ran yours for 2years with stock gears just further proves that !

I mean I can see how it would put more stress on the outer race but if the tolerances are good, meh

fyi i read 75% of the post, and someone was saying they ran tz with helix gears and no problem and then some one else said straight cuts with tz and a problem.

and then some one else said tz with helix gears was a problem and then some one else said straight cuts with tz wasnt a problem.

i just get nervous seeing carnage pics where shit looks like it went threw a metal meat grinder. jeff built my motor, im going to have faith but im always going to on high alert now.

what does a photo of a failed beaing prove ? absolutely nothin. many failures can be traced back to the operator in some way. we need the entire story to even have a chance of determining if it was a failure of the bearing or failure of the operator or failure of some other internal part that caused a chain reaction to the bearing. was it overloaded with power and trq ? was the rpm ceiling exceeded ? did it have sufficient lubrication ? was it side loaded when the cases were assembled? detontation could have jack hammered it apart. the list is endless as to what could of happened. then theres the remote chance the bearing just had a factory flaw. i posted a link that showed many instances where caged ball bearings were failing, and my theory is because they were put under to much load. and the reason i have that theory is because a roller bearing was issued as its replacement. maybe you just exceeded its breaking point some how and should have used a different kind of bearing ? im confident skf is every bit as good as anything else on the market but use what ever you feel comfortable with. if your piston seizes dont go back to wiseco crying. i think you get the point