CHARGING A BATTERY?

Is there a way to charge a battery on a banshee? I have one mounted for the NOS. Its a 12 volt motorcycle battery.

I have read the complete thread about the wiring, lighting ect.

Thanks

Rick

You have to do a DC conversion, which means you have to float the ground in the stator and add a rectifier/regulator.

You have to do a DC conversion, which means you have to float the ground in the stator and add a rectifier/regulator.

Is there a kit available or a part # regulator/rectifier (I assume that is different than the voltage regulator I just bought because mine was missing)

Is the ground on the lighting side or the ignition side of the stater, and when you say "float the ground", what does that mean?

Thanks Bansheesandrider

Rick

Is there a kit available or a part # regulator/rectifier (I assume that is different than the voltage regulator I just bought because mine was missing)

Is the ground on the lighting side or the ignition side of the stater, and when you say "float the ground", what does that mean?

Thanks Bansheesandrider

Rick

Trail Tech makes a rectifier to replace the one you just bought and read my link for a how to on the ground.

http://www.trailtech.net/media/instructions/lights/stators/AC-DC_Banshee_Stator_Conversion_Instructions.pdf

You can always have a quick connect charge kit, which is a cable that's permanently hooked up to the battery on your quad. You can then route the waterproof cable to an easy to reach location on your bike ( by your bar clamp or under the seat, etc) this then connects to the charging unit. They sell them on eBay

Or if your bike gets a bit of light fit a solar powered trickle charger to the bike they're very small, cheap and you let the sun keep your battery charged for you.

Just another couple of options.

Trail Tech makes a rectifier to replace the one you just bought and read my link for a how to on the ground.

http://www.trailtech.net/media/instructions/lights/stators/AC-DC_Banshee_Stator_Conversion_Instructions.pdf

Thanks Bansheesandrider,

So where does the new wire go to from the stator?

Does the rectifier replace the voltage regulator?

Rick

• 2 weeks later...

Bansheesandrider,

I followed the instructions and removed the epoxy but could not see any wire to solder to. upon close inspection, the stator may have had it done already. if you look at the pics, you will see the red windings, and there are yellow wires attached directly to the windings, 1 at each end. Is that what i am after?

Also, I am hopping the red windings indicate a rewound stator for higher output.

Thanks for your input.

Rick

post-42057-0-62124800-1327150248_thumb.jpg

any update on this

am looking for diagram or complete thread to follow the instruction

as I understood floating ground, Rectifier from trail tech, battery

but the wiring I didn't find

I am still in the middle of the project, as with anything the project grows. I decided to re-wire the entire bike to get rid of all the usless hacked up wiring, in addition, new off road lights, trail tech on/off switch, new cdi box,and new top end.

As far as the wiring, another member posted a wiring Q & A link that had great info plus a simple wiring diagram that eliminates most of the excessive wiring a modded banshee no longer needs. I think it was under another of my posts :lights dont work: you can search for that, I will also look for the link.

As far as the rectifier from trail tech, I assume it will be pretty straight foward, and they do have tech support, when I get it and install it, i will take pics and post the finished wiring.

I am still in the middle of the project, as with anything the project grows. I decided to re-wire the entire bike to get rid of all the usless hacked up wiring, in addition, new off road lights, trail tech on/off switch, new cdi box,and new top end.

As far as the wiring, another member posted a wiring Q & A link that had great info plus a simple wiring diagram that eliminates most of the excessive wiring a modded banshee no longer needs. I think it was under another of my posts :lights dont work: you can search for that, I will also look for the link.

As far as the rectifier from trail tech, I assume it will be pretty straight foward, and they do have tech support, when I get it and install it, i will take pics and post the finished wiring.

that stator you posted does appear to have the ground floated.

as for the regulator, the directions give 2 ways to hook it up. use the one for small batteries. i debated which way to do it and talk to them and decided since you will most likely be riding with the lights off more often than not this was the way to go to keep from over charging the battery.