Pros and Cons

keeks707

No cons.

Pros: Smoother shifting, easier to find neutral....Instead of modding the stock star, I bought a Cascade one ....worth the 35 bucks IMO. While your doing the shift star, might as well throw a pancake bearing and new idler gear bushing in there too. Cheap mods and worth the piece of mind IMO.

Here ya go: http://www.farmandsandtoys.com/partdetail.asp?partid=69

pro-s?- well, you don't have to push so hard on the shifter to cam it over to the next ger, which can be tiresome, so yah, it's good for shifting in that manner. do not confuse the mod with thinking that the trans will go into the next gear easier. it will not change the meshing at all, just gove you better controll.

cons:

well ther are 2 i can think of, but it only applies to a smaller amount of riders.

first, many override trans do not work well with a modded shift star, because keeping the drum in place while in gear is more important, and bacl-load is more likely to move a shift-star-modded setup than a stock star setup.

2nd, if you ride circuit, or really rough, like woods, of=r something where you expect the sifter to get bumped often, and you want it to stay more solid.

don't get me wrong, the mod will not make it shift on a whisper, but once you put your foot on th pedal, it is not going to be such an underttaking to get it to grind on over to jump into the next gear like a jack-rabbit, rather, you have more controll..

pro-s?- well, you don't have to push so hard on the shifter to cam it over to the next ger, which can be tiresome, so yah, it's good for shifting in that manner. do not confuse the mod with thinking that the trans will go into the next gear easier. it will not change the meshing at all, just gove you better controll.

cons:

well ther are 2 i can think of, but it only applies to a smaller amount of riders.

first, many override trans do not work well with a modded shift star, because keeping the drum in place while in gear is more important, and bacl-load is more likely to move a shift-star-modded setup than a stock star setup.

2nd, if you ride circuit, or really rough, like woods, of=r something where you expect the sifter to get bumped often, and you want it to stay more solid.

don't get me wrong, the mod will not make it shift on a whisper, but once you put your foot on th pedal, it is not going to be such an underttaking to get it to grind on over to jump into the next gear like a jack-rabbit, rather, you have more controll..

There is ways to cut a star to make it easier on the up shifts and still keep it from jumping gears. Just post a pic of the star/drum you bought from me.

There is ways to cut a star to make it easier on the up shifts and still keep it from jumping gears. Just post a pic of the star/drum you bought from me.

lol, yah, that is a purdy wave, i might do that today, if i can remember....