infamous039

slag_350300

I bought a low hour 4 mil 110 rod crank, stock cylinders with a 4 mil dune port and wiseco 65mm pistons from Travis. First things first, Im not ranting on how bad of a seller he is I want to just let people know when purchasing this kind of high dollar parts from him to be sure to have him package it really good. I got the box in the mail and it was in rough shape, with nothing that resembled the word fragile. Everything was closely packed together in a medium sized keurig coffee box. His idea of well packaged is wrapping each individual part in saran wrap and rationally stuffing brown packaging paper in the box. The crank looked good as it was on the bottom of the box, Im just hoping the box was never dropped. The cylinders were next. The bore was nice as described but there was alot of chaff marks on the rim of the cylinder where the head/o-ring seats from bouncing around on the crank. I was able to file the burs down. Hoping I wont have to JB weld them to make a good seal with the coolhead. Next was the pistons. banghead There were knicks and dings all over the skirts and the top edges of the piston. They are not usable. I pm'ed him asking him why he sent the parts parcel post with no insurance. it took 24 days for me to get the box. He said it was packaged well when it left his hands and had nothing else to say. I ordered new pistons from rocky mt atv ($209) and will be throwing the ones he sent in the scrap pile.

Im not down grading him or anything other than the packaging. Like I said before, I just wanted to forewarn people on making sure the box is packaged well when it leaves his hands.

It doesnt appear he wants to work anything out with me. Use stirefoam, bubble wrap, packing peanuts, shop rags, and ship it "priority mail" and package them as if they were coming to you to use. Future reference, compress the rings and put the pistons in each cylinder, and write FRAGILE on the box atleast. Anyway, Im stoked for the new pistons to get here and to finish my build.

Well I bought a "practically brand new" set of CPIs that certainly were not as described.One of the stingers had a chunk of wax or some shit I had to scrape off pipes have dings as well. I pm''d him to ask what the shit on the stinger was was but no reply. Oh well. the carbs appear to be in great shape though. Haven't ran them yet. So much good feedback for this dude I didn't bother to ask for extra pics. Live and learn. Fool could have at least replied to my pm. :confused: My idea of practically brand new is diff. than others I suppose.

Yeah he sold me some carbs that had idle screw supposed to be drilled but were drilled too big and on the wrong side. He gave me a refund but im out 12 bucks return shipping for junk carbs that weren't my fault they were bad. But....ordered a clywheel and stator with no complaints.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I bought a "practically brand new" set of CPIs that certainly were not as described.One of the stingers had a chunk of wax or some shit I had to scrape off pipes have dings as well. I pm''d him to ask what the shit on the stinger was was but no reply. Oh well. the carbs appear to be in great shape though. Haven't ran them yet. So much good feedback for this dude I didn't bother to ask for extra pics. Live and learn. Fool could have at least replied to my pm. :confused: My idea of practically brand new is diff. than others I suppose.

First of all I never recieved a PM from you. I always return peoples PM right away. If you were unhappy with the pipes then let me know and you can send them back with full refund. I dont try to get over on no one I am straight up seller and buyer. No need to name call "Fool" either we are both adults here.

Also I always package boxes nice and tight so stuff does not get damage. I use various wraps and seperate things from getting harmed. If you dont want the topend, please PM and send it back I will refund your cash NO PROBLEM.

First of all I never recieved a PM from you. I always return peoples PM right away. If you were unhappy with the pipes then let me know and you can send them back with full refund. I dont try to get over on no one I am straight up seller and buyer. No need to name call "Fool" either we are both adults here.

Well, I just checked my pm conversations and it sure shows that I sent you a pm after the tracking # pm you sent me. In case you don't remember here is the pic I attached asking what this wax stuff was.

th_IMG00134-20110718-1610.jpg

Had my pm been returned, I would have never posted this in the first place.

Minus the few dings, the pipes are now looking like new. The carbs I got off you are EXACTLY as described and are perfect.

I am not going to go posting a ton of pics of the pipes, I just posted that one since that is the one I pm'd you. Maybe you didn't get it? At any rate, I am over it and have moved on

Well, I just checked my pm conversations and it sure shows that I sent you a pm after the tracking # pm you sent me. In case you don't remember here is the pic I attached asking what this wax stuff was.

th_IMG00134-20110718-1610.jpg

Had my pm been returned, I would have never posted this in the first place.

Minus the few dings, the pipes are now looking like new. The carbs I got off you are EXACTLY as described and are perfect.

I am not going to go posting a ton of pics of the pipes, I just posted that one since that is the one I pm'd you. Maybe you didn't get it? At any rate, I am over it and have moved on

Ok bro, I swear I didnt see or get your PM. There is a possible chance that it may have gotten deleted by accident when I was clearing out the 40 something old PM's I had in my box, I wish you would have Pm'd me again after you didnt hear from me b/c I return messages right away. I just want to make sure your happy with the purchase.

my pipes showed up exaxctly as described. packaged well also. No complaints here..

Let me know if you get shearers.. lol

Haha I am looking for some Sheares myself, just dont want spend $600 on them right now.

Ok bro, I swear I didnt see or get your PM. There is a possible chance that it may have gotten deleted by accident when I was clearing out the 40 something old PM's I had in my box, I wish you would have Pm'd me again after you didnt hear from me b/c I return messages right away. I just want to make sure your happy with the purchase.

All good man, just a little miscommunication.