painting my banshee frame

roesso

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nothin wrong with painting a frame if you do it right. like others have mentioned... PREP is the most important thing. it also depends on what ur doing with the bike. if its gonna be a trail beater and running through brush all the time, powder would be the way to go in my opinion. on my drag bike, paint wont be a problem because it will never see anything but the sand. you also have a lot more variety with paint as well as a nicer finish when you are done. you just cant replicate some paints with powder. its no different than car paint... needs a little upkeep every now and then where powder is just get it and forget it. just my opinion of course; there are those hard core powder guys that say its the only way to go, so...

sand blast and paint it right will hold up just as good as powder and will have a lot more gloss! don't use shit paint from a rattle can!

What? Powdercoat can be just as glossy and is much more durable than paint.

I have friends with powder coated frames and my painted frame looks way better! with alot better gloss. alot!!!

Then someone did a bad job powdercoating their frame. My frames aren't glossy but that's what I wanted.

I just had my frame powdered and he used the best clear you can get and it looks great. My buddy had his frame professionally painted and I think mine is just as glossy as his. I think it all depends on what products you are using as well as color.