No bar at the 1/8 , will it work?

laydown

Okay guys I have a + 8 with American racers 20-10-10 with some +3 front j arms. I weight 140 pounds and I’m at 600cc. Just wondering what will happen if I go to the 1/8 with no bar could I get away with it. I’m going to try it out, just wondering if any of you guys have tried it and what results did you have. :confused:

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It'll work...but there's no way you'll be consistent.

The bar doesn't improve your time. It allows you to run a good time over and over again.

Natural instinct is to let off when the front end creeps up too far....with the bar, you drop the hammer, slip the clutch and roll out.

Any ideas where i can get a wheelie bar??

So i went to the track, over geared for the quarter and i was running in the 8th no wheelie bar. i would launch and i would get on the other lane and back to the other side close to the wall so basically i was all over the place up on 2. and i ran a 6.3 at 114 with a 1.9 60 foot . I’m hoping that when i put on a wheelie bar i could go straight I’m putting bigger slicks I’m going to go up from a 37 to 40 in the rear to get a better 60 foot and hopefully hit a 5.9 remember I’m a stock frame with plus 3 front j arms .

Any ideas where i can get a wheelie bar??

Stellar here makes one hell of a nice wheelie bar.

So i went to the track, over geared for the quarter and i was running in the 8th no wheelie bar. i would launch and i would get on the other lane and back to the other side close to the wall so basically i was all over the place up on 2. and i ran a 6.3 at 114 with a 1.9 60 foot . I’m hoping that when i put on a wheelie bar i could go straight I’m putting bigger slicks I’m going to go up from a 37 to 40 in the rear to get a better 60 foot and hopefully hit a 5.9 remember I’m a stock frame with plus 3 front j arms .

A wheelie bar will help not only with safetly issues but your 60' times as well.

PAPI WOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOU GIVING OUT NUMBERS LIKE THAT

a wheelie bar isn't going straight. it helps keep front end down. if you are launching and going all over the place, you should check to make sure your swingarm and carrier are tight and you have the same air pressure in both tires.

maybe i'm going from side to side because my front wheels are in the air and i have no control of the bike . trust me a wheelie bar make a huge differences when you could keep it down on the ground and hit it as hard as you want .