clarke or ims 5.5 gallon fuel tank?

eadams450

im trying to decide which to get clarke or ims i want the 5.5 gal, is there anything different from the 2? if you have any pictures that would certainly help also. thanks

The Clarke works great, better looking imo. My bars rub slightly at full lock. Some pics

CIMG3211.jpg

CIMG3192.jpg

Bansheetank2.jpg

Babsheetank1.jpg

Bansheetank3.jpg

The Clarke works great, better looking imo. My bars rub slightly at full lock. Some pics

CIMG3211.jpg

Exactly what kind of front fender modding is necessary with the Clarke? I was looking to do this setup on mine with the clear tank and white plastics but don't have the fundage at the moment. That's a great looking ride by the way.

Exactly what kind of front fender modding is necessary with the Clarke? I was looking to do this setup on mine with the clear tank and white plastics but don't have the fundage at the moment. That's a great looking ride by the way.

You will need to cut the back of the front plastic, can shelf your tank plastic and run the same radiator plastic.

I bought an extra front plastic with my IMS tank (both used) for when I eventually use the tank. I haven't mounted it yet so I'm no help in reviewing the tank.

The picture shows just how much shorter the plastic has to be for the tank to fit. It would look really odd without the larger tank.

Just as shown in the pic, the front fender has to be cut quite a bit and won't be usable for anything else. I have the original unmolested plastics as spare so no problem to chop away at this set.

Thanks for the nice words!

• 4 years later...

CIMG3211.jpg

CIMG3192.jpg

Bansheetank2.jpg

Babsheetank1.jpg

Bansheetank3.jpg

Does anyone know if this tank is "white" or "natural"?  I am considering purchasing one but torn between black or whatever color this one is. I like how you can see the fuel through this tank but black might look better on my bike