Carb issues i need help

ok this is a 1990 Mojave 250cc Carb (4 stroke) ....i went an picked up my brother Mujave and i kicked it the first time it crunk up and i drove it down the strreet but it feels like the speed is bein restricted so what i did i opened up the carb to make sure it was clean inside because it have been sitting in a garage for about a year...i notice the needle in the carb was missin the hole when it goes up in down so i took off the top part of the carb an i set the needle to go straight down in the hole instead of leaning a little an put the spring back in the position its suppose to be in then i put everything back together an i went to kick to crank it again it wouldnt crank i have here a few pics of what the carbs look like in the inside an pics of the needle missin the hole before i fixed it ...an the side of the carb has a few adjustments on the side like i see it has a stem in three places where does the gasline go correctly ? and what is the other stem near the gasline stem go to ? because the overflow is at the very bottom of the carb ....the problem i had earlier after i put the carb back together was trying to give it a spin was everytime i turned the gas on all of the gas came straight out of the overflow i got it to stop somehow when i opened up the carb but still cant crank its a adjustments that need to be made can you guys give me some help thanks :headbang:

post-39864-0-90721300-1302475291_thumb.jpg