suspended single arm chassis

rb0804

I'm not going to point anyone in the direction until I get this figured out. If I could change back to my custom double a-arm, I would. It was set-up for really stable steering at 120+ mph. When I get it figured out I will be happy to share the information.

I could be wrong but from the pic. I think the shock is in to steep of an angle. If you would set it up to be more straight up and down that might help. Just a suggestion

I could be wrong but from the pic. I think the shock is in to steep of an angle. If you would set it up to be more straight up and down that might help. Just a suggestion

That would go the wrong direction. When you lay the strut back (+ Caster) it provides straight line stability. We built it with 15* + caster. I think the problem lies more in the steering ratio.

We still don't have this set-up the way I like. We need to modify it to hopefully get it where I will be happy. There's nothing wrong with the workmanship, but something is wrong in the geometry. Yes, it has front brakes.

If you don't mind me asking, What is with the setup that you are unhappy about?

Just looking at the picture, it seems like it would steer better if the outter tie rod ends where moved closer to the spindles.

If you don't mind me asking, What is with the setup that you are unhappy about?

Just looking at the picture, it seems like it would steer better if the outter tie rod ends where moved closer to the spindles.

The quad is very twitchy with the smallest of input to the bars. We believe as stated in post #17, it's the steering ratio. So, your observation would change the ratio, but is it the right way?

We are also thinking about putting in an adjustable dual direction dampner, but I think that's a crutch.