Got A Banshee, And Need Little Help

Whats up all, new to this forum and could use a little help with a banshee I just picked up. A guy I work for owed me some money and I took his banshee in exchange for the loot. The banshee has been sitting for over a year cuz he says he hasnt had time to work on it. Got a great deal on it but she isnt running right now, so heres the scoop.

He did some lil things to it, added exhaust to it (trinity stage 4) and a carb which is a keihin, but has a stage 4 plate on it not sure what the deal is. Works shocks front and rear, and thats about it.

Problem is he said he was top end pinged out and she just cut off, and wouldnt start. Im thinking it just needs pistons and rings. He told me a year earlier he did the top end with wisco pistons. Im just looking for some suggestions on where to start. I asked him if it kicked and started he said once he got it back home it kicked and started but sounded like shit so he killed it right away and hasnt tried since. When you push on the kickstart it moves so doesnt seem seized. This is the first banshee ive owned and have always had 4 stroke qauads and want to really start ripping this banshee soon. I am posting a few pics hoping it helps anyone wanting to guide me a lil in the right direction see what I got going on. I would like to do some head work, but honestly id like to just get this thing running asap so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I figured id start with a compression test and go from there but im curious how deep im going to have to go in this project. I am also curious what pistons, bore, etc.. if someone would give me the time to help me out it would be greatly appreciated. I do web/graphic design and would be more than willing to help someone get something together if they wish.

banshee4.jpg

banshee1.jpg

banshee2.jpg

banshee3.jpg

banshee5.jpg

banshee6.jpg

id say part it out and get ur money back, ill buy the shocks and a arms from u, and maybe the carb setup

Why you say part it out? She rips and I want to bring her back to life... Just curious if it just sounds like top end or something more. Like I said he was flying top end and she just shut down on him, im wondering if it sounds like he just burnt pistons and rings or if it sounds like something more.

How much you trying to give me for what you need?

Ya im hoping its something simple.. or should I say not to time consuming and expensive.. I know there is lots more things I want to do to it but for now I just want to get it running and go from there.

My buddy owes me a bunch of loot for a few jobs I did for him, I took 1200 off the bill for the quad with what I listed, extra set of sand paddlers, hjc helmet almost new, AS t6 boots, and a few other things..

Ive road all my life and really cant wait to hit the trails and the dunes with this. I just havnt messed with alot of 2 strokes and not sure what the best route to go is. Im hoping to rebuild top end myself, and maybe do some head work and get her fired up.. then next time its smoked go deeper with crank and other shit. I appreciate advice and hope to get her running soon. My buddy said he had the cylinders honed before he did the pistions but its never been bored out so.. not sure if im gonna have to bore it or what, and what kit to go with im still searching these forums like a mad man.

Thanks,

Jonathan Pierce

Static X Designs

www.staticxdesigns.com

Well if he didn't let it warm up and just went rippin, he probably caused a "4 corner seizure" or didn't gap rings properly........take the jugs off look at the pistons and cylinders look for scarring if you find any I'd almost bet its what happened, then all you can do is rebuild

Looks like you have a great foundation to start with. Like you said. Start with compression check and go from there. So what do have into it so far?

yes do a comp test and see where it's at then go from there, it looks clean and taken care of, nice shee to build on

Why you say part it out? She rips and I want to bring her back to life... Just curious if it just sounds like top end or something more. Like I said he was flying top end and she just shut down on him, im wondering if it sounds like he just burnt pistons and rings or if it sounds like something more.

How much you trying to give me for what you need?

he's being a smart a$$

I ride street bikes with this guy and know how he rides.. hes kinda a high rever and late shifter.. I gave him 2 options with oweing me this money... the quad... or his rocket.. the quad is now in my garage lol

I will check out the wisco pro lites.. so should I buy a kit with diff heads to match the bore? or just do the cylinders and go from there?

Now I got to get a compression tool and go from there I guess..

Thanks,

Jonathan Pierce

Static X Designs

www.staticxdesigns.com

me_r1.jpg