clutch gearbox issue maybe?

adam uk

Please help.. Whilst riding recently in really heavy mud my banshee suddenly stopped as if it popped out of gear (i was going up hill) I then tried getting it back in gear, it seemed to be going into each gear but no drive? So thought maybe id killed the clutch as there was a smell like a frazzled clutch.. New clutch ordered an installed.. Starts up first kick as always and goes into each gear but doesnt seem to actually engage anything, just sits and revs? what could be the problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

whats that, how do i get to it, would i need to split the cases?

Remove your clutch cover, it is right there on the end of the crank. Also inspect the key in the gear and make sure when you move the shifter, that it turns the shift star/drum. If this all checks out, then you will probably have to split the cases. If you don't know what the things I mentioned are, you need to get a service manual and start reading so you know how your bike works. Also spend some time on this website reading the technical information and some of the threads in the repair section.

Remove your clutch cover, it is right there on the end of the crank. Also inspect the key in the gear and make sure when you move the shifter, that it turns the shift star/drum. If this all checks out, then you will probably have to split the cases. If you don't know what the things I mentioned are, you need to get a service manual and start reading so you know how your bike works. Also spend some time on this website reading the technical information and some of the threads in the repair section.

looks like its time to open it back up again! lol is either of these a common problem for coming loose?