Adjustable length drag frames..

locogato11283

I remember a few years back there was at least one company offering a drag frame with an adjustable length rear end. It looked like it was adjustable in either 1" or 2" increments. Does anyone have any pictures of these? Closeups of the rear end would be great.

I remember a few years back there was at least one company offering a drag frame with an adjustable length rear end. It looked like it was adjustable in either 1" or 2" increments. Does anyone have any pictures of these? Closeups of the rear end would be great.

49140-quick16007.jpg?t=1301762752

Edited by bkabina

I've yet to see a suspended rear end that had an adjustable length.

Are you looking for a flat drag frame or a hill shoot/hill climb chassis Tyler?

If you lengthen the back end on a suspended bike, you just screwed up the rear shock valving and settings.

I wasn't sure if you were getting into flat drag racing or not Tyler...so I thought I'd ask.

I've yet to see a suspended rear end that had an adjustable length.

Are you looking for a flat drag frame or a hill shoot/hill climb chassis Tyler?

If you lengthen the back end on a suspended bike, you just screwed up the rear shock valving and settings.

I wasn't sure if you were getting into flat drag racing or not Tyler...so I thought I'd ask.

I want to design an adjustable length swingarm for my hillclimbs. I know it can be done so that it will hold up. I want one that is adjustable between +6 and +10. My suspension is set up for the +8 that I run now so 2" either way isn't going to affect the shock enough to notice. Hell, I ran my shock with my +14 at the LS ride.

I have an idea in mind for a Stellar built arched style swingarm that would be adjustable. I just need to sit down and put it on paper.

Are you running linkage?

6 over it'll be stiff and 10 over it'll be soft on the back end...if you don't change anything.

However, if you take into effect the shock angle and leverage being applied...you probably can make it work...

I know from a stock to 6 over made my shocks like absolute mush...

Are you running linkage?

6 over it'll be stiff and 10 over it'll be soft on the back end...if you don't change anything.

However, if you take into effect the shock angle and leverage being applied...you probably can make it work...

I know from a stock to 6 over made my shocks like absolute mush...

I ran my +14 at LS with my Elka and stock linkage and it worked flawlessly. I did adjust the compression a little. I am not at all worried about the minimal difference of two inches. If I can design this swingarm, have Tim build it and see if it will pass my hardcore testing, I think it would change the whole swingarm game.

Guy doesn't want to spend $700+ on two different length swingarms, plus time to swap them, plus parts laying around the shop and so on..

He wants to dune ride and do some drag racing in the same day at the dunes. Run it at +4 for duning and adjust the carrier position to +8 and go dragging!

• 3 weeks later...

i have an idea of a round tube design swinger with a big 1inch or so threaded rod inside the round tube.. ucan turn it out ti lengthen with heim joints at the end... sound neat im gonna draw it and try and send it to you.. like a ladder bar or 4 link setup on a drag car same concept.....fairly esy ill say ill make all the adjustment at the carrier in the rear...