Banshee Bottom End Assembly Walkthrough

BigRed350x

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a kickstarter question, i refered to your write up here and pics and mine looks the same. I noticed that with the cover off if i put the kickstart lever on and turn it the gear will pass the idler gear. My question is does the white plastic that is on the shaft hold it back when the cover is on? Also, is there supposed to be any play at all in the idler gear?

I have a kickstarter question, i refered to your write up here and pics and mine looks the same. I noticed that with the cover off if i put the kickstart lever on and turn it the gear will pass the idler gear. My question is does the white plastic that is on the shaft hold it back when the cover is on? Also, is there supposed to be any play at all in the idler gear?

Yes, the white collar holds it from moving past the idler gear once the side cover is installed. Your idler gear should sit pretty snug on the shaft. if it does wobble quite a bit, replace it. they are only like $50 or $60.

- Jared

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ya I've heard bad things about RTV also. I've been using Ultra Grey on mine last couple times but now I've got a leak at my case studs under the crank. Think I'll be using something little more fuel resistant when it comes apart. What about lock tight on bolts inside the clutch cover? Ever had any issues with that? I've also gotten to where I take out the Phillips head bolts and replace them with Allen head ones from the hardware store so I don't have to worry about the stripping out. Nice pictures and write up. Way more patience than I have putting one together. I'd be three days doin all you did and taking pictures. Haha

• 3 weeks later...

Ya I've heard bad things about RTV also. I've been using Ultra Grey on mine last couple times but now I've got a leak at my case studs under the crank. Think I'll be using something little more fuel resistant when it comes apart. What about lock tight on bolts inside the clutch cover? Ever had any issues with that? I've also gotten to where I take out the Phillips head bolts and replace them with Allen head ones from the hardware store so I don't have to worry about the stripping out. Nice pictures and write up. Way more patience than I have putting one together. I'd be three days doin all you did and taking pictures. Haha

I've never had any issues using the loctite, but I also have the correct tools to remove the bolts when they do have loctite on them. I got a killer deal on a bunch of 1211 here last month so I'm using all that stuff up, once its used up I'll go right back to the red silicone. Its worked fine for me for going on 8 years now. I have a buddy with an engine I built 5 years ago still running it no problem. As long as you give it enough time to cure before exposing it to oil or gas it will work fine.

- Jared

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the pictures and the time you took for this, Awesome!!!:headbang:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...