F.A.S.T. Racing 4 mil Serval Cub

05stroker

I just got my serval cub setup from Jeff at FAST on Thursday. Great guys to deal with for sure, Jeff spent almost an hour on the phone with me discussing my setup and what I was wanting to accomplish. I already had a 4 mil crank that I was running with my stock cylinders so it was just a matter of switching out the topend. I got everthing put on between yesterday and today. It passed the leak down test and I got it fired up today. Since I'm still breaking it in I haven't really gotten a feel for what it is capable of. The road infront front of the house was wet and I couldn't keep the tires from spinning even taking it easy. I still need to check the cranking compression to verify it is safe for pump gas. It should be around 160 or so. So here's the setup for now.

4mil longrod hotrods crank

58x68 serval cub with clean up port

Stock reed cages w/ boysen power reeds

28mm mikuni flatslides

Pro circuit pipes

Stock timing plate with advance done through dynatek custom curves

Pro design cool head

New magnum billet basket and FAST heavy duty clutch kit, I have an undercover slingshot if needed.

After I get a few more heat cycles done I will be taking this down to Rooster Built in Auburn, WA for some dyno time. We have seen the dyno runs on the cpi's from other dyno's. There was some debate about the pro circuit's being the way to go for the low mid power. I know every dyno is different so we will be testing pro circuit's and cpi's on this motor and the same dyno to see what comes out on top. This is the pipe/ carb combo I had on my stock cylinder setup and with the cost of the serval setup I can't afford to go with anything different right now. So we will see what the dyno numbers say on the pro circuit's.

Here's a few pics for now, I will hopefully have the dyno time scheduled soon.

CIMG0472.jpg

CIMG0474.jpg

CIMG0475.jpg

CIMG0482.jpg

CIMG0483.jpg

CIMG0486.jpg

CIMG0490.jpg

I just called the shop with the dyno. Waiting for a call back. I'm hoping to get it on the dyno this weekend. I will update this as soon as I hear from the shop. The bike runs pretty strong. It pulls pretty well and it's cool how low you can lug these servals and roll on the throttle without clutching it, a little lag at first but you need to be holding on when it hits the power band. I can't get it to hook up on even dry pavement, I realize the +4 swingarm doesn't help but it blows the tires off in every gear.

Looks good Shane! Can't wait to see how a different setup will run with like your Pro Circuits and smaller carbs vs the others tested... Keep us in the loop. :headbang:

I just talked to the guys at Rooster Built with the dyno. He said that they have been very busy. We have tentatively scheduled for next weekend the 19th or 20th. As soon as I get the numbers you guys will see them. Another friend just bought a banshee with Trinity stage IV pipes. We will be testing the Pro Circuits and CPI's for sure and if we have time possibly the Trinity's.

Are the trinity pipes kinda like a t5 or lrd pipe? Mid/top pipe not a drag pipe like a cpi or shearer?

At best, you could say they were close to a T-5....They aren't any better than a T-5 I can tell you that. Other than them being stainless.....I think they are junk. I hated mine. I jumped from FMF to toomey to Trinity's to CPI's to Shearers. I'd rather have any of those other than the Trinity's.

At best, you could say they were close to a T-5....They aren't any better than a T-5 I can tell you that. Other than them being stainless.....I think they are junk. I hated mine. I jumped from FMF to toomey to Trinity's to CPI's to Shearers. I'd rather have any of those other than the Trinity's.

Yeah I've heard alot of bad things about trinity especially lately