pilot jet

aleyesonme

oops banghead I was thinking fuel screws that meter the pilot jet banghead yea, air screws are the oppposite way cause they meter the air that comes through a hole in the venturi of the carb

oook..i went outside just to locate the airscrews but where is it on the right carb. i found it on the left carb but dont see one on the other.?

Nevermind I took the seat off and found it

Yeah, that right carb's air screw is a bitch to adjust while the engine is running, even with a long screw driver it tends to vibrate of the screw. But adjusting 1/8 turn at a time with the engine running is the only way to hear the diff and you may want to keep a pad nearby to keep track of the number of adjustments you make.

Yeah, that right carb's air screw is a bitch to adjust while the engine is running, even with a long screw driver it tends to vibrate of the screw. But adjusting 1/8 turn at a time with the engine running is the only way to hear the diff and you may want to keep a pad nearby to keep track of the number of adjustments you make.

ok.. i am now in the process of setting the air screws...but ive came across a problem...i noticed when i seated both of the screws that one carb seats different than the other therefore causing slightly different positions. so when i do the 1.5 turns out do i just go by the 2 individual carbs or should i choose one and pick a position and do the exact same for both....i automatically assumed that they both should seat the same but i see i was wrong,,,thanks

Your talking air screw? If one is at 12 o'clock and the other at 1 o'clock when fully seated thats fine, just turn each out even amounts. :cheers:

Thanks bud...I spent a while trying to set him and still haven't got em right, then ran outta gas...smh...but ofen I would forget what setting I did for each since they are at different positions....guess ill have to mark by the screws so it'll be easier...again thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 years later...