DZUS Plastic Fasteners

Thack82

Has any one ever tried using these Kits? The Street Bike guys say they are the shit and they are a available option on the new YFZ-450R/X/SE. I ordered 3 kits (26) last night off the internet and I'm switching mine over from bolts to DZUS Fasteners. Has any one used, tried, or installed these kits on a Banshee? Any input would be great!:confused:

2009-yamaha-yfz450r-se-atv-quick-clips.jpg

YFZ450R SE, a few more bells and whistles are released, which will make removing the fenders quicker and easier than ever. Yamaha YFZ450R SE fenders are mounted the with metal, quick releasing, Zeus Clips, which makes fender removal a breeze, and the good news is that they will also be available for purchase for the standard YFZ450R models for those that might want to make the switch from bolts.

We run those exact ones on the sleds on body pannels and hoods that might need to come off to replace a belt when out on the trail, but why use them on a bike? When was the last time you took your plastics off mid ride?

I should have pictures up here in a couple of days, I'm waiting on my new Graphic kits and my Hydraulic clutch kit to finish out my build. I wanted this fastener set up for 2 reasons. I'm OCD about cleaning my Banshee up after I ride it, and I have interchangeable front plastic. I bought new black Maier Custom "Raptor" Style Front Plastic, and black Maier OEM Style rear plastic for my O4 Banshee that has a red powder coated frame . I liked the up-dated look but I missed the traditional Banshee look.

So I ordered a new red set of front OEM Style fenders, a Silver Radiator Cover, and Black Gas Tank Covers from ZM-PERFORMANCE. Then I ordered a 2003 Yamaha OEM Limited Edition Black and Yellow with Silver Flames Banshee Graphic Kit and sent it to my Graphic Guy "Casson Sign's & Graphics" He is making me a replica graphic kit out of moto vinyl and he's replacing the yellow fade with red fade for my OEM Style front plastic.

On the Black "Raptor" Style plastic he's replacing the yellow fade background with a solid black back ground and outlining the silver Flames in red. By doing this I can completely change the appearance of my Banshee depending on what I'm doing and the mood I'm in. I wanted a quick effective way to change the plastic out that would hold up to trail riding and endurance racing. I read about these fasteners Yamaha's offering as a upgrade on the new YFZ-450R/X/SE Model quads and thought this would be a great solution in finishing up my build with interchangeable front plastic.

This is the Banshee that my graphic kits are Based off of and bellow it is a picture of a Raptor front end that was used on the Maier custom plastic I have.

03banshee.jpg

100_0740.jpg

I think it's going to turn out great. If you guys have any other questions feel free to ask.

If you want a bike that looks like a Raptor, go buy a Raptor. Banshees SHOULD look like Banshees. But, I do appreciate the effort on the graphics.

I agree, I thought I would like the up-dated look, and I do but I don't want the Raptor Style plastic on it all the time. I filled in the void space thats under the front fenders in front of the Radiator with a Maier 2005 YFZ-450 radiator shroud that I modded. That helped the visual appearance out a lot. There are two things that hurt the Maier Custom Plastic one is the open space in front of the radiator. Two NO graphic kits are made that will fit on the Maier Custom Plastic without hacking them up. I don't know why Maier didn't take the time to work those two flaws out. The main reasons I kept the Raptor Style plastic is I don't expect Maier to continue making it. I don't think it went over as well as they had anticipated. I fixed both of those problems and the Custom front end looks good on my Banshee, but I can guarantee anyone who's thinking about buying it you will miss the traditional Banshee look after a while.

By the way Casson is supposed to have all my graphics done any day now, as soon as I get them on I'm going to post pictures of my Banshee with both front ends on here. The guy that making my graphics "Casson" told me last night to let you guys know that he will be offering both kits Custom and OEM replica 2003 Limited Edition Banshee Graphics in any fade or color. He's using High Grade UV protected MOTO-X-VINYL thats 13 mil thick . They also have the Tec-7 adhesive that keeps the car was from blowing them off. The MOTO-X-VINYL he's using is just a little thicker than the vinyl Yamaha uses that is notorious for ripping and taring, but not to thick. I think the standard 15, 16, 20, 25 mil thick vinyl that a lot of company's use like ENJOY MFG, and FACTORY EFFEX use is to thick. Even though they are super easy to put on, I don't think they stick as well as a thinner vinyl.

I'm going to sell them for him on eBay and BansheeHQ. I think he's going to ask $175 to $200 for a complete kit in your color choices. I don't think thats too Bad. I payed around $240 dollars for the entire Yamaha OEM kit, and this is printed on better vinyl than the factory uses, and you get to match, or change the colors to your liking. Anyway I'll have to see how they turn out. If you guys are interested let me know.

Allen heads & locknut work just fine, not expensive at all.

I am a little OCD with all my Vehicles including my Banshee. I live in Kentucky and I've got my Banshee set up to trail ride and endurance race. I'm not afraid to get it dirty or ride the shit out of it, but before it goes back home (if its muddy or covered in dust) I take it to the local car wash and wash it off, and detail it before it goes back in the garage. I thought this Fastener set up would be great. I could pull the plastic off the frame in a couple of minutes and get every bit of dirt off everything, not to mention that maintenance jobs will be easier. Oh well I guess I'll find out if this is a Good/Great/Bad mod here in a couple of days when the kit gets here.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Has any one ever tried using these Kits? The Street Bike guys say they are the shit and they are a available option on the new YFZ-450R/X/SE. I ordered 3 kits (26) last night off the internet and I'm switching mine over from bolts to DZUS Fasteners. Has any one used, tried, or installed these kits on a Banshee? Any input would be great!http://bansheehq.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/shrug03.gif

2009-yamaha-yfz450r-se-atv-quick-clips.j

YFZ450R SE, a few more bells and whistles are released, which will make removing the fenders quicker and easier than ever. Yamaha YFZ450R SE fenders are mounted the with metal, quick releasing, Zeus Clips, which makes fender removal a breeze, and the good news is that they will also be available for purchase for the standard YFZ450R models for those that might want to make the switch from bolts.

What ever happened with this?