what to do for 65hp?

400sbc

Porting will wake that bike up like crazy. Hit up a site sponsor..Wildcard Racing, HJR, FAST, M&M, Redline, Passion..etc

I had Brandon at Wildcard Racing port my shee and I couldn't be happier.

Thanks for your help, I'll be getting in touch with that sponsor soon, I would like to send my Jugs off in June about a week before I go on Vacation. I have OCD with this Banshee, and I can't stand to see it broke apart for any long period of time. That way when I get back three weeks later maybe I will have them back.

Nothing sucks worse than your buddy's calling you up wanting to ride and your bikes broke down, and your waiting on parts.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your help, I'll be getting in touch with that sponsor soon, I would like to send my Jugs off in June about a week before I go on Vacation. I have OCD with this Banshee, and I can't stand to see it broke apart for any long period of time. That way when I get back three weeks later maybe I will have them back.

Nothing sucks worse than your buddy's calling you up wanting to ride and your bikes broke down, and your waiting on parts.

I wouldn't wait till June or especially a week before your vacation..... If you've got the time and money, do it now. You will want it assembled, broke in, jetted..and shit like that way before a week before your vacation. Not to mention, you probably wont be able to send them out and have them back in a week, let alone have assembled and all dialed in.

Edited by RZBansheeMan

Not a problem at all. I don't blame you one bit, I'm super OCD and a freak about every little part on my bike as well. You'll be very impressed once its ported :bolt:

I wouldn't wait till June or especially a week before your vacation..... If you've got the time and money, do it now. You will want it assembled, broke in, jetted..and shit like that way before a week before your vacation. Not to mention, you probably wont be able to send them out and have them back in a week, let alone have assembled and all dialed in.

I don't think he intends to be riding over his vacation is what he's getting at. While he can't ride have the cylinders out so he doesn't have to look at an out of commission bike.

I understand all to well how much it sucks to have the bike down while your buddies are out tearing it up.

• 2 weeks later...

Not a problem at all. I don't blame you one bit, I'm super OCD and a freak about every little part on my bike as well. You'll be very impressed once its ported :bolt:

Thank you guys for all your input, and not riding me to hard over my horse power over estimation. I'll be contacting you here pretty soon, I'll need port work thats set up for trail riding and XC racing. While you have my jugs I think it would be a good idea if I went ahead and had you re-bore the cylinders and sleeve them. Dose that sound like a good Idea? I would hate to break something internal and screw up my jugs that had good port work. I don't even know if thats something people do to Banshee's but its pretty popular in the Diesel Performance World.

I also wanted to ask you about the external of the jugs. I have everything polished except the jugs them selves. Do you do that? I guess this is the part thats going to break me up, what kind of $ figures are we talking about for an aggressive trail port job, Re-boring and sleeveing the cylinders (if possible), and polishing the outside of the jug's? :confused:

if your gona replate your cylinders with pistons and porting and excessories youll need it will be well over a thousand just portind stage 2 which is a trail port can cost 300 or more then replating will cost you big bucks which you might not need depending on your current bore size you might as well get some new servals there $798 from andy at mm hes a great guy to and you can bolt them on and go no porting or nothing mabe some new carbs dont no what carbs ur running and you will be knocking on 80 hp at 50lb of torque wit a broad powerband builders have to put many hours in to a stock cylinders to even get close to that much power with the serval all you will need to do is bolt the cylinders on look at m&m page he got a few packeges that might intrest you shop around and do alot research and make sure you get a set up that will suit your riding dont just throw money away and regreat it later m&m has put alot of R&d into ther serval packsges and hes a very helpful guy he will be setting up my 7mm serval

if your gona replate your cylinders with pistons and porting and excessories youll need it will be well over a thousand just portind stage 2 which is a trail port can cost 300 or more then replating will cost you big bucks which you might not need depending on your current bore size you might as well get some new servals there $798 from andy at mm hes a great guy to and you can bolt them on and go no porting or nothing mabe some new carbs dont no what carbs ur running and you will be knocking on 80 hp at 50lb of torque wit a broad powerband builders have to put many hours in to a stock cylinders to even get close to that much power with the serval all you will need to do is bolt the cylinders on look at m&m page he got a few packeges that might intrest you shop around and do alot research and make sure you get a set up that will suit your riding dont just throw money away and regreat it later m&m has put alot of R&d into ther serval packsges and hes a very helpful guy he will be setting up my 7mm serval

Wow, that was kind of hard to decipher, but I think I understand what you're saying. I too am building a Serval cub. There is in fact a cost difference between porting (especially a mild port which is less than $300) and an entirely new cast cylinders. But, if your cylinders require new sleeves then IMO it would be a wise choice to purchase a serval as the cost of a port job, the sleeves, installing the sleeves, ect can add up to a new serval cub cylinder. Even the 68x54 serval cub will blow a trail/MX type of port job away.

If I remember correctly, you said the engine had Wiseco pistons and a welded crank? So, on the other hand, if your stock parts are in good shape all you'll need is...

cylinder hone

piston rings

port job

gaskets

And you can do all of that for less than half the price of a new cylinder kit.

• 1 month later...

I have stock sleeves with 66.5 pistons, and cascade told me i had another bore or two left. Stock pistons are 64mm, so if your piston size falls within that range i would say replating your jugs isnt necessary. If you are set on having your holes replated then i would agree with the majority and get a cub, or a serval or whatever.

I have stock sleeves with 66.5 pistons, and cascade told me i had another bore or two left. Stock pistons are 64mm, so if your piston size falls within that range i would say replating your jugs isnt necessary. If you are set on having your holes replated then i would agree with the majority and get a cub, or a serval or whatever.

I wouldn't run anything over 66mm personally... maybe 66.25 if I had to. But at 66.5mm you are pretty much maxed out. No way do you have another bore left in there.

I wouldn't run anything over 66mm personally... maybe 66.25 if I had to. But at 66.5mm you are pretty much maxed out. No way do you have another bore left in there.

correction, they are 65's. My fault.

• 5 years later...