hot rod crank O-ring

bansheeqc

I split the case of one of my drag bike with a 4 mill 115 rod hot rod crank. I want to know if it's possible and how to replace the o-ring of the crank in the center. I change a couple of time the o-ring on the outside bearing, but on the center, i'm not sure if it's possible...

If not, what are you doing to fix?

thank you

I don't know if I put orings in my 16 mil Twister. I had the crank rebuild, and you'd think they would put o-rings on it, but it had none - so I just thought they were optional. $500 to rebuild the f'n thing. I haven't even started it yet, and just got in in the chassis and almost ready to run yesterday. :shootself:

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

I know this is an old post but did a search on this "O ring" for cranks. The o ring ripped on the left cylinder side of crank and bound up inside the port that leads to that side. At first I thought this was my air leak issue. Glad to see that this shouldn't be the leak. I will rebuild the motor and use the loctite method. Question is do I take all the rings off and use the loctite on all of them or just the side that ripped? Any ideas? How hard is it to split the cases after using the loctite on those? Thanks a bunch, I will sleep better tonight knowing that those are not that critical....