is anyone else running a port magic engine?

chrisp250r

just wonderin if anyone else on here is running port magic cylinders, mine are over there gettin ported and im anxious to know what its gonna be when i get it back goin

Rudy Kurtz is a legend. He is the first one to come out with an overide tranny for the banshee and all his motors scream. You will be very happy

yea he wouldnt even take the work directly from me i had to get a local shop owner/one of his buddies to send it to him...

yes he is a legend indeed in the atv world. getting a motor from him seems to be pretty difficult lately. pretty soon it may be just as hard as getting a chassis setup from Dean Sundhal, who knows though.

• 2 weeks later...

yes he is a legend indeed in the atv world. getting a motor from him seems to be pretty difficult lately. pretty soon it may be just as hard as getting a chassis setup from Dean Sundhal, who knows though.

wow you guys make him sound really good but the truth is that one of my friends came to me bc he had just gotten the cylinders from him and the bike was running with no power and when i take of the cylinders over ported on a little 4mm stock cylinder with brand new bore and pistons ... so much for a legend .

For the detail.

Did he know they were going to be used on a 4 mil, etc.

The whole story...not just what you did to fix it or remedy it.

There's always two sides to every story....

A lot of times people buy stuff that is supposedly ready to run, yet it came off a completely different setup.

I find it hard to believe that Rudy just completely ported a set of cylinders incorrectly.

So there's more to it.

That's all I'm saying. In the end....if your new customer is happy, that's all that matters.

But I'd caution you by saying Port Magic didn't hold up to their end of the bargain if you are not 100% certain of ALL of the details and are not willing to share all of the details.

For the detail.

Did he know they were going to be used on a 4 mil, etc.

The whole story...not just what you did to fix it or remedy it.

There's always two sides to every story....

A lot of times people buy stuff that is supposedly ready to run, yet it came off a completely different setup.

I find it hard to believe that Rudy just completely ported a set of cylinders incorrectly.

So there's more to it.

That's all I'm saying. In the end....if your new customer is happy, that's all that matters.

But I'd caution you by saying Port Magic didn't hold up to their end of the bargain if you are not 100% certain of ALL of the details and are not willing to share all of the details.

put it like this he sold us the crank . i understand people make mistake big deal that does not mean that he does it to every cylinder he gets .

I have run across many of Rudy's motors and the work was always flawless. He will be missed in this sport. What I run into are people taking a perfectly good setup and make it run like crap cause they have no idea what they are doing.

well, thats the first negative thing ive ever heard about him or his work but anyway i got my cylinders back today and they look great, im just waiting on my cool head to come in so i can build this bitch and see whats up... and i also find it hard to beleive that he just completely ported something wrong with all of the questions i had to answer it felt like an interogation to me... maybe he shipped you the wrong set or something?