best price billet basket

after all the BS clears the BEST basket for budget builders is the

mattoon machine

it uses LARGER screws than any others ( besides M+m) comes with the hardest cusions you can get, and has a cromoly backing plate and its cheaper than most.. it also has cusion guides in the back like stock so the cusions wont distort.

the PE is ok but high HP and LOAD will blow the backing plate off..

if your not on a budget and HAVE to have the best the springloaded straight cut HINSON is the way to go. springs AND 6 bolts to hold it all together. PLUS straight cut gears..

i have exploded the wiseco's ( they are the WORST out there) the hinsons blow up, the barnet uses and alluminum backing plate ( are you fucking serious!!)

the PE is ok but high HP and LOAD will blow the backing plate off..

Are the Magnum and PE the same thing? I have been running the Magnum basket for at least 5 years now and never had an issue in my 10mm Cub and now my 18mm DM.

Also, I was not aware that Mattoon even made a clutch basket.

yes they do and they are available in an 8 to 10 plate set up.

i dont know if the magnum and the PE are the same i have had pe's in the past and they were good baskets just never had one long term and never had one in a 100+hp bike with big paddles thats what seems to hurt them the most, high load, although the wiseco 9 plate i had nuked from dirt tires in the sand and dirt. the screws that hold the wiseco together are the absolute worst i have ever seen. but it is an easy fix. order the backing plate, cusions and screws from a mattoon and drill it out and re tap it for the larger screws then sink them down so they fit flush.