Modquad cool head

4stroker

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to hear from people that have used one of these.

They look to be one piece, is this true?

do they accept noss domes and o-rings?

Do they have any bad points?

thanks, mark

Just got this product and I like it very much not to mention it looks good. I have it in blue. yes it is a one piece. I have 20cc domes on right. Great product and hope this helps.

I run a prodesign but it came on my banshee. If I was going to buy one it would be a Noss Machine head, it would have to come from FAST though. :headbang:

lol and why would it have to come from fast, when you get it straight from noss?

also dont bhq members get a discount from noss? im pretty sure i did when i bought my last one

Edited by 4stroker

I LOVE MINE!

Every single had out there has the possibility of leaking. Just take your time and put it in carefully. The modquad is one piece, uses stock studs, has alot less orings than pro design and mabey others. Has 33% more coolant capacity and PD, and Noss domes will work with it as well. Its really all a matter of opinion. Theres no PROOF that one is better than the other. I'll get you a smokin deal on a complete Modquad setup if you want one. Or any of the other ones out there.

buildpics009.jpg

buildpics008.jpg

My opinion was based on a bike I worked on here myself, not the members bike on the BHQ. I personally run a pro-design and its been on my bike for 3 years now with no issues.

Same here man. Ive fixed a several "bad heads" By simply taking it off and replacing the one oring that slipped out of its groove or got cut in half. The head I had a problem with was my pro design. It leaked since day one. It happens. I just think its funny when theres some people that swear one is better than the other. THEY ALL DO THE SAME THING! allow's you to adjust your compression, cool your motor a little better and change the appearence of your bike. :shrugani:

You would think that by the way some answer this infamous "which head is better" question, that theres huge gains and power differences amongst all the heads out there. Theres not. its just a matter of opinion, which one you can afford and what one you want.

I dont care what head I use as long as it does its job and doesnt leak.

lol and why would it have to come from fast, when you get it straight from noss?

also dont bhq members get a discount from noss? im pretty sure i did when i bought my last one

Yea you can get it straigt from dave noss it would be the sam. Jeff at FAST, and Kevin at HJR, and brandon at wild card racing have the noss cool head with there logo engraved on the head, that is all.