Paddle suggestions from different people

CajunDuner

Alright guys well I got my +6 swing arm ordered and is getting built, but now I need a new set of paddles. I asked a few guys who have been around and have a few banshees but they have different answers for me. So id like my fellow members of bansheehq to help me out again. My mods are listed in my profile. I narrowed down the rim size to 8 x 8 and it will be douglas blue labels. As far as the tire goes they all recommended the hauler not the extreme. I will be doing 70% drag and 30% play. Its out of 22x11x8 10 paddle.......21x12x8 10 paddle.....and last but not least is the one that was recommended to me by the guy that skat trak refers their paddle setup inquiries to....a 21x12x8 9 paddle (he was convinced that this is the best setup for me). I will be riding at The Dunes (formerly known as LA Dunes) in Forest Hill, La and i am planning on making a trip up to Oklahoma to Little Sahara. Help me out guys, it would be much appreciated. But just as a note the one I was leaning more towards was the 21x12x8 10 paddle. Thanks!

Im right here in New Iberia, LA. We've been to the dunes quite a few times, usually for the big events. You ever been to wiggins mississippi? If not they're having a huge event, Clash of the Titans, being held there this year, March 12th, 13th, & 14th. You should come out, there's a groomed 300' drag strip and tons of dunes and trails to ride on. O, and id go with the 9 extremes, 21" best for your setup, imo.

21x12x8 9-paddle extreme. That's what I had the best luck with on my +6 swinger dune bike. 4mil gorr port, shearers, 34's methanol, etc. I ran 22x11x8 10 paddle extremes on the same bike and it came out of the hole strong but felt held back on top. The smaller tires with 1 less paddle were pefect for drags and dunes.

:cry:

21x12x8 9-paddle extreme. That's what I had the best luck with on my +6 swinger dune bike. 4mil gorr port, shearers, 34's methanol, etc. I ran 22x11x8 10 paddle extremes on the same bike and it came out of the hole strong but felt held back on top. The smaller tires with 1 less paddle were pefect for drags and dunes.

Would the 21x12x8 9 paddle haulers give me the same performance as the extremes? Im having alot of more people tell me go with haulers because the paddles flex a little bit as where the extremes stay stiff, but idk my bike builders told me to go with extremes. I just needa make up my mind because it took at least 4 months for me to figure out whether to go with a +4 or a +6 swingarm lol and i dont wanna go through that again. :cry:

• 1 month later...

With your setup I would go with the 9 paddle extreme 21x11x8. I like the extremes because they don't flex and you get great hook-up. Good luck with your dilemma

Heres some info that might be of help.

http://www.dunercentral.com/forums/wheels-tires/2416-ultimate-sand-paddle-tire-review-best-paddle-tires-your-riding-style.html

http://www.dunercentral.com/forums/wheels-tires/2798-paddle-tire-science-every-thing-you-need-know-about-paddle-tires.html#post33540