Chinese Radiator

J.J.

I'm working in China, so decided to check-out the infamous radiator. Unfortunately, it will be a while before I can actually fit this thing to my bike or even compare it to the stocker. I took some photo's (I used my D90 seeing that some members don't like cellphone pics. lol)

Shipped with EMS, packaging was ok, none of the fins were bent.

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

Welds are not the tidiest, beads are inconsistent, but seem plenty strong. Lots of filler used on the hangers and tubes. Doesn't look like it will leak.

DSC_0029.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

This is the worst looking weld.

DSC_0033.jpg

The vendor states a 30% increase in capacity, not sure what capacity he refers to; volume or cooling capacity?

The total volume to the top of the upper tank is 1 litre, not sure how much the stocker holds.

If the 30% increase is in the coolant volume and not cooling capacity or core surface area, then it's not worth bragging about. The core is a double row core, btw.

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

My major concern is the cap, it feels a bit flimsy, but it looks like it should work fine. I'm hoping to exchange it with a stock cap, but not sure if a stocker will fit.

I took some measurements of the filler neck if someone would like to check if the stock cap would fit.

Outside diameter of the lock-ring - 43.10mm

Inside diameter of the lock ring (and the cut-out for the locking tabs on the cap) - 37.9mm

Inside diameter of the filler neck - 31.5mm

Height, valve seat to the top of the filler neck - 16.00mm

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

I also got the hoses, not much to say about them, look ok, will have to see how they fit on the bike.

DSC_0034.jpg

Feel free to ask for extra photo's or dimensions.

My major concern is the cap, it feels a bit flimsy, but it looks like it should work fine. I'm hoping to exchange it with a stock cap, but not sure if a stocker will fit.

I took some measurements of the filler neck if someone would like to check if the stock cap would fit.

Outside diameter of the lock-ring - 43.10mm

Inside diameter of the lock ring (and the cut-out for the locking tabs on the cap) - 37.9mm

Inside diameter of the filler neck - 31.5mm

Height, valve seat to the top of the filler neck - 16.00mm

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

I also got the hoses, not much to say about them, look ok, will have to see how they fit on the bike.

DSC_0034.jpg

Feel free to ask for extra photo's or dimensions.

hey, buddy i tried the stock cap on this radiator it worked, but i have to tell you there is no difference between the to as far as quality goe's but the china sticks is pretty ugly.

hey, buddy i tried the stock cap on this radiator it worked, but i have to tell you there is no difference between the to as far as quality goe's but the china sticks is pretty ugly.

thanks Matt, much appreciated!

I got one cant complain I also have a trail tech vector, I started out with a PWR radiator that came with the bike, good thing he gave me the stock one to, I soon shot off the trail and a branch went rate threw it, after I cried I threw on the stock one, it leaked so I bought this china one for $145.00 I thought it would just be a temp fix for now, but its held up for 4 months and the best part I added a billet impeller my temps a between 12 to 20 degrees cooler so vector says. and this was when air temps were about the same, the welds are nice on the unit and over all look to be well made, I recomend this to anyone with a budget. one thin to watch for is the overflow and the coolant line that goes off te head the fittings are not at the same height(like stock) do not cross these or all your coolant will run in your overfow. fitting by the radiator cap goes to your overflow(highest point) the other fitting that is on the other side and slightly lower goes to the coolant line off the head! hope this helps i can always send pic's

Funny how these radiators got cheap all of the sudden...i would not doubt if Pro design and PWR have been outsourcing their radiators for years and still getting a premium!

Im sure they will bring their prices down once they see sales slide.

I saw a guy on ebay selling a boss radiator now he could be lying but they look just like the chinese radiator?

How long does this take to ship to the states?

well when I bought this radiator it took only a week, and im in michigan, But up to two weeks ASI ships really fast for over seas I bought RC parts that have taken over 2 weeks so ASI is good for shipping plus they are easy to contact. and get back to you fast