swing arm ?

shee2000

this is what i got a 2000 shee with fmf fatties,k&n filter,timing plate at+4, soon to b a new head from chariot with 21cc domes or get my head milled. it all depends how much $ i have at the time im trying to get it ready for the dunes come spring. right now i got a stock swing arm i was thinking of a +4 or +6 swinger what do u guys recommend i got a set of scat trak haulers 9 paddles on 8im rims ultra lights.

do you have trouble keeping the front end down? you don't really want any longer that what will keep you from flipping, or you will sacrifice handling.that being said, if you plan on porting in the future, +4 or less can still handle jumps pretty nicely

this is what i got a 2000 shee with fmf fatties,k&n filter,timing plate at+4, soon to b a new head from chariot with 21cc domes or get my head milled. it all depends how much $ i have at the time im trying to get it ready for the dunes come spring. right now i got a stock swing arm i was thinking of a +4 or +6 swinger what do u guys recommend i got a set of scat trak haulers 9 paddles on 8im rims ultra lights.

Im in the same boat as you, I have a good buddy that swears up and down that a +4 is the way to go if you want to both play and drag in the dunes. The guy that built my bike actually recommended a +8 for mine because its so damn hard to keep my front end down. So Im still thinking whether or not I just split the difference and go with a +6 or stick with my buddys advice and go with the +4 because a +8 would definately take the dunability out of the bike.

Edited by CajunDuner

I always used a stock swinger with more mods than your bike. Didn't need a +4 till I built my 4 mil. IMO, I wouldn't go any longer than +4 with 8 or 9 paddles. Have you changed sprocket sizes. They can make a big difference also.

I always used a stock swinger with more mods than your bike. Didn't need a +4 till I built my 4 mil. IMO, I wouldn't go any longer than +4 with 8 or 9 paddles. Have you changed sprocket sizes. They can make a big difference also.

sry guys it took soo long to get back i work a messed up schdule. thats what i was leanin towards was a +4 an no i havent changed any sprocks yet but want to just dont no what to get any suggestions for sprockets would be great. oh and whats a good manf. of swingarms somwthing reasonable for a swingarm an should i go with a stock style or a round style carrier im kinda on a budget