Swingarm length?

CajunDuner

Well fellas...Ive been trying to decide on a swingarm ever since Ive gotten my motor work done. I cant for anything keep my front end down until I hit about 4th gear or so (on the road I havent got a chance to bring it to the dunes yet...things keep breaking on me). I am getting mixed opinions from a few buddies...all between a +4 and +6. I know i will be going with a round house carrier. The thing is many ppl tell me that a +6 takes the dunability out of the bike and I would like to find out from other people with experience. I do want to be able to drag race and be able to handle my front end (and i know it also depends on the paddles Im running) but i still want to be able to dune around and have some good handling and still have fun. So please tell me your recommendations. My current performance mods are as listed:

Ported and Polished

Vforce 3's

35mm PWK Airstrikers

Wiseco Pistons

Bored cylinders .020 over

Decked Head

+4 Timing

CPI Inframes

Reed Spacers

K&N Pods

...Also my first attempt to the dunes will be with my old paddles from my warrior which my warrior didnt turn them over too well. Its Skat Traks old 21-12-8 8 paddle Taller Haulers. Probably gonna need a new set of paddles, ya think? lol

Merry Christmas everyone!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i used to run a +4 and then went to a +6. honestly between the two there isnt much difference once you have some ride time on them both. obviously the +4 is gonna turn a little better but once you get good on the +6 you can whip it around just as well.

i think you could go either way with this, but if you decide on a +6, check this out.. +6 swingarm its a +6 my brother had built from stellar and then decided to go with a +8. great swingarm. very well built and will handle all of your needs.

Come on guys, I need some more opinions!..... :confused:

I don't have an opinion based on experience, however, I am running a plus 4 and am having issues maintaining the front end. I ride 90% at the dunes and all my buddies tell me to go to a plus 6. Everyone has told me exactly what Tyler said, not much differnce and you'll get used to it.

I just bought a plus 6 and am going to give it a shot. That deal from Tyler's brother is a sweet deal! If I hadn't already bought a swinger, I'd jump all over that!

Good luck with your choice!

SP

I don't have an opinion based on experience, however, I am running a plus 4 and am having issues maintaining the front end. I ride 90% at the dunes and all my buddies tell me to go to a plus 6. Everyone has told me exactly what Tyler said, not much differnce and you'll get used to it.

I just bought a plus 6 and am going to give it a shot. That deal from Tyler's brother is a sweet deal! If I hadn't already bought a swinger, I'd jump all over that!

Good luck with your choice!

SP

Thanks for the input! Yeah see i dont wanna be put in your position and buy a +4 and dislike it and have to buy a +6....or vice versa. I know that if i would go for the +6 im likely going to need a different set of paddles, my 8 paddles prolly would just spin out the hole and all the way through my gears.

First off lose the taller haulers unless you plan on building a drag bike. I would personally go with the +4. Its what I run and we have some similar mods. Whith a good set of ten paddle haulers or extremes it will be fun and very easy too controle. If you plan on doing any more engine mods then look at the +6. In the dunes your going too have alot more tire spin so your not going too have the frontend comming up on you as much. Pm me when your ready too get one and Ill show you what I can get you. A complete chrome swinger with everything you need at a great price. Do your shopping though its a good investment and can be spendy.

I ran a plus four on my dune bike and it was fun. easy to bring it up and turn. If you are lookin for some ten paddles i have some for sale

I think Ima be going with the +4" swingarm. My gearing is 15T in the front and stock rear which i believe is 41T. What size chain do I need to get for a +4 with my gearing...I was thinking a 112 but I think that is for stock gearing...I really dont know lol Ive never dealt with this before. Tundish are they skat trak extremes with rims?

112 is prolly close but not sure as we sell it by the foot and it should be 6 ft.

I would really consider going with the +6. If you're making any power at all, you're gonna be pulling that front end like no other with the +4. I had a 4mm stock cylinder motor making 75hp and with 10 paddle haulers that thing was like a fucking buckin bronco. Pulling 2nd gear holeshots was tricky to keep the front end down. Like said, once you're used to the +6 you won't be able to tell the difference between the two. And like bigred said, on down the road you'll already have the longer arm for when you go to a bigger motor.

Mannnnnnn banghead lol as soon as i thought i had my decision made....more suggestions come, which is what i want! Thanks for yalls opinions/suggestions. I just really needa make up my mind with this, cause the guy that is helping me out with my bike has a 4 mil on methanol and he swears by his +4.

Well fellas...Ive been trying to decide on a swingarm ever since Ive gotten my motor work done. I cant for anything keep my front end down until I hit about 4th gear or so (on the road I havent got a chance to bring it to the dunes yet...things keep breaking on me). I am getting mixed opinions from a few buddies...all between a +4 and +6. I know i will be going with a round house carrier. The thing is many ppl tell me that a +6 takes the dunability out of the bike and I would like to find out from other people with experience. I do want to be able to drag race and be able to handle my front end (and i know it also depends on the paddles Im running) but i still want to be able to dune around and have some good handling and still have fun. So please tell me your recommendations. My current performance mods are as listed:

Ported and Polished

Vforce 3's

35mm PWK Airstrikers

Wiseco Pistons

Bored cylinders .020 over

Decked Head

+4 Timing

CPI Inframes

Reed Spacers

K&N Pods

...Also my first attempt to the dunes will be with my old paddles from my warrior which my warrior didnt turn them over too well. Its Skat Traks old 21-12-8 8 paddle Taller Haulers. Probably gonna need a new set of paddles, ya think? lol

Merry Christmas everyone!

i have a +6 with a 350 drag port and cant keep the front end down for the life of me........having said that you atleast need a +6

• 4 weeks later...