Rhinolined my Shee

SubarusAreMyThing

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think those look pretty cool, I ride woods so being able to use a low pressure power washer instead of a hose would be nice.

If your looking for a real lockout cover and all you need to install alf on here can hook you up. He does chrome polishing and is a site sponsor so he can get you a pretty good deal on one. They cost around 400 and come in different colors. I've been looking into them as well. He also sells modquad parts so can get you some things cheaper here and there. He actually had a deal a month or so ago and coulda sold one for 300. I definately think they look badass.

I'll never drop $400 bucks on this bike lol. Waste of money in my opinion. Its never going to be faster than my kawasaki, and i could careless if it gets beat on the dunes by just about anything. I just like to ride the trails and hit some big jumps. Dont need a 15 grand banshee for that! lol

I just thought the clear cover looked cool. you could see the oil and shit. Probably just make my own for less than $20.

I'll never drop $400 bucks on this bike lol. Waste of money in my opinion. Its never going to be faster than my kawasaki, and i could careless if it gets beat on the dunes by just about anything. I just like to ride the trails and hit some big jumps. Dont need a 15 grand banshee for that! lol

I just thought the clear cover looked cool. you could see the oil and shit. Probably just make my own for less than $20.

what kinda kawasucky do you have cause i bet you could make your banshee faster than it with a good port job. unless you got a kx 500 or somthin then i could understand.

what kinda kawasucky do you have cause i bet you could make your banshee faster than it with a good port job. unless you got a kx 500 or somthin then i could understand.

its a street bike. 2002 ninja zx9r. But with the motor work done to it, it will rape Litre bikes in the 1/4. I've killed a couple stock early year busa's even. which isnt much to brag about since a lot of stock R1's can take them too. but still. your talking 400cc difference!

So if i want speed, ill ride that. I just want my banshee to start every kick, and run strong and be able to have fun with it. It will rip any hill at the dunes as is, it will rock a wheelie as long as my skill allows it to hold, and right now its running like a champ. So in my book, it doesnt need anything right now :)

Personally i look at all these fancy ass show/drag banshess that have 20 grand dumped into them, and i just think they are uuugggly. But its probably how a lot of people think about my rhinolined fairings, ugly. Its just 2 different people who like 2 difference bikes, to each their own!

I'll never drop $400 bucks on this bike lol.

No offense, but have you ever shipped plastic back and forth? For 225 for the coating, shipping to you and back from you....400 is very easily what you'll have in it.

I'd rather rattle can a set of plastics or use plastic renew....

that shit is great for truck beds, and I have a small 8X10 trailer I'm thinking of getting the floor and the first 3-4 inches of the walls off the floor done in...

I just don't like it on plastics, sorry...my opinion.

Personally I think it looks like shit sorry dude just my opinion. I also wanted to say that you cant compare a street bike to a quad. Speed in the woods is a lot different then speed going down the road on a street bike. I ride street bikes all the time and they have never gave me the rush that I get from flying thru the woods or the sand on my shee 75 miles per hour on a quad on the trails feel like 200 on the street. I'm not knocking street bikes I own 2 of them but its like comparing apples to oranges. just my .02

No offense, but have you ever shipped plastic back and forth? For 225 for the coating, shipping to you and back from you....400 is very easily what you'll have in it.

I'd rather rattle can a set of plastics or use plastic renew....

that shit is great for truck beds, and I have a small 8X10 trailer I'm thinking of getting the floor and the first 3-4 inches of the walls off the floor done in...

I just don't like it on plastics, sorry...my opinion.

well i said, me personally would never drop $400 bucks. It would not cost me no $400 bucks to charger $225 dollars and have someone pay the shipping. Thats free for me... Rhinolining is what i do for a living. This cost me pennys on the dollar to do my self to my bike. I sure as hell wouldnt take it to someone and pay to have it done, or shipped to have them done either. But thats me, im a tight ass with my money, and im a do it your selfer, Ill never pay anyone to do anything to my bike.

I also have a 8x10 trailer and i did the entire thing in liner. Floor, frame rails, toung, fenders, etc lol. Its just an old trailer i built a few years ago and it was starting to get some rust, so this was solid rust protection. Looks pretty rad, great non slip surface, and protection!

Personally I think it looks like shit sorry dude just my opinion. I also wanted to say that you cant compare a street bike to a quad. Speed in the woods is a lot different then speed going down the road on a street bike. I ride street bikes all the time and they have never gave me the rush that I get from flying thru the woods or the sand on my shee 75 miles per hour on a quad on the trails feel like 200 on the street. I'm not knocking street bikes I own 2 of them but its like comparing apples to oranges. just my .02

I realise they are different, but im saying i dont need a 100 mph banshee, its pointless to me. 75 mph i the woods is crazy yes. But i dont think anything compares to 190 mph wizzin by cars. But again, back to the point i dont even care if i do 75 mph threw the woods. thats not what i have my banshee for.

So for me to drop $400 bucks for some special case and cover is just not going to happen. Nor is dropping $3000 on some 10 mill motor, or a crazy long swing arm. Its just not what i want to do with my banshee, what i want it for, stock works great!

Probably just make my own for less than $20.

Good luck with that.

"I sure as hell wouldnt take it to someone and pay to have it done, or shipped to have them done either. But thats me, im a tight ass with my money, and im a do it your selfer, Ill never pay anyone to do anything to my bike". You would sure as hell never pay someone to do something like this, but you think people might send some to you? I know you were just throwing the service out there, but still.

I have seen frames rhino lined,but never plastics? That looks about as queer as a 3 dollar bill.

Congrats. You now have the worlds most hideous banshee. Looks beyond terrible to me, but hey is you like it, thats all that matters

Frankenstein was hideous,those plastics are like a train wreck,you just can't stop looking at it.

Edited by bigborebanshee

i have to be honest.. i scrolled past the first few pictures expecting to see your frame done up in rhino lining. someone else said it right. it has a cold beer bottle look to it at first/from a distance. it is... different.

i would like to see some frames done in rhino. but as far as rhino liner goes - its junk. they guarantee the stuff wont crack or split for life - unless bent. so what happens when you rhino line your truck bed, get in a accident and bend your truck bed-causing it to crack? or what happens when you roll your banshee and bend the shit out of your plastics? do you really think that shits gonna hold up? or are you already preparing to strip that shit off and re do it?

not trying to hate on you but i am tryin to hate on the rhino. rhino liner for what its intended for is straight up CRAAAAAPPPP.

i have to be honest.. i scrolled past the first few pictures expecting to see your frame done up in rhino lining. someone else said it right. it has a cold beer bottle look to it at first/from a distance. it is... different.

i would like to see some frames done in rhino. but as far as rhino liner goes - its junk. they guarantee the stuff wont crack or split for life - unless bent. so what happens when you rhino line your truck bed, get in a accident and bend your truck bed-causing it to crack? or what happens when you roll your banshee and bend the shit out of your plastics? do you really think that shits gonna hold up? or are you already preparing to strip that shit off and re do it?

not trying to hate on you but i am tryin to hate on the rhino. rhino liner for what its intended for is straight up CRAAAAAPPPP.

do you have any experience with it? Because its extremely flexable. And it doesnt crack that easy. Couple of my buddys have their entire trucks done in it for rock protection. They poke dents in their trucks all the time. Take a hammer on teh other side and it pops out right back into place, you cant even tell.

If it does crack, its a simple fix, it sticks to its self, just spray a thin layer over the crack and you'll never be able to tell. Back to normal.

and fuck this forum is full of a TON of haters, geeezz. GTFO lol.