Max Bore Size?

I ran an un-ported set of stock jugs at .100 over for two seasons without issues.

I agree with Chris though, Unless you are really attached to the cylinders I wouldn't run at .100 over. I bought my shee that way and it ran hard as hell for a stock set of jugs!

Take them to a shop and have them bore them till they clean up, if it cleans up at 65.5, great. If it doesn't, the you will be at 66. Get the right pistons for whatever the bore ends up at and put it together. Run it till it gets weak again and then tear it down and figure out what you want- you can have the stock sleeves cut out and new sleeves put in, or you can get different cylinders, either stock, cub, powervalve or what ever you want. I am not positive about this, but I believe if you resleeve the stock cylinders, you can then go over .100 safely, because the new sleeve is thicker than the original and will disapate heat much better. Like I said, I am not sure about this, so if anybody knows otherwise please respond.

Edited by bansheesandrider