Hot rods vs. Weisco 4 mil cranks

lilgorilla67

Can you elaborate some please as to why its not as good as hot rods.

I'd like to know as well. I know of at least one builder (not on this site) that likes the wiseco cranks better. He has some fast shiat.

We just bent a rod on one of our 421s (hydrolocked kick starting it). We may go with Wiseco next time.

If I am not mistaken the Hotrod crank and the Wiseco crank are manufactured at the same place. THe only difference is the Hotrod connecting rod is labeled Hotrod and the Wiseco is not. Not 100$% sure of this but I remember something along these lines.

SP

hey guys well the 4mil crank i got is a Wiseco long rod and they are labeled Wiseco on the rod hope that helps

i heard there only difference is that the Hot Rods comes true and welded from factory and the Wdoesnt.

i had mine true and welded when i bought it from the place i bought it then had Kevin fron HJR renforce the welds

hope any of this helps

nope that aint it either. Just got a hot rods crank from kevin and it wasnt welded from the factory, he had to weld it. The pamphlet that was in the box said "wiseco and hotrods 2 great companies under 1 roof." So i have a feeling they are same with diff labels, but again i have no proof