Imperial Sand Dunes passes BS

mikeymuy

dune passes just went up again this sucks

The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) determines that the current permit fee is inadequate to fund the operating cost of the Imperial Sand Dunes Recreation Area (ISDRA). Proposed is a fee increase from $25 to $40/week and $90/season to $140/season for permits purchased off-site. Onsite purchases would be $60/week and $180/season if purchased within the ISDRA.

• 4 weeks later...

hell be glad it might only jump up to $40, up at st ants you have to pay per night, the cheapest there just to set up a tent now is 16 per night. if you have a camper or 5th wheel your lookin at 25 per night without hookups.... i was stoked when we went to glamis last year and paid $25 for a week.

• 3 months later...

I personally think they should double the rates, maybe even triple. If you really think about it. The reason glamis is starting to suck so bad is all the morons who decide to show up in their stock (insert 4wd suv here), put a whip on the roof and haul ass up and down gecko, or olds road, drunk off their ass and hit and kill someone's kid. Then when their done, leave all of their trash strewn all about the washes for someone else to clean up. I'd much prefer to pay more, and hope that those people won't show up. They should go somewhere else... like... ROCKotillo. It's free =)

At least at Glamis they smoothed out the wash road.. those whoops were killer.. and they have more dumpsters and restrooms out there.. it seems to be cleaner now..

When we use to go out there like 8 years ago every bush and tree had toilet paper and crap in it.. pretty gross