Dual Piston Brakes

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

more stopping power, the OE brakes are barely adequete for a stock banshee let alone anything with a few mods.

I did this many moons ago.

When I started upgrading the brakes I was gonna have a set of arms made to accept 400ex spindles so I could have bigger brakes up front also. (note before the 450 craze)

Now that some days and nights........ok years have passed and we all know that the 450 front calipers are a direct swap to the banshee spindles I went that route instead of the custom arms.

F&F

PS. i know that the rear caliper is not the main stopping source, but I felt obligated to change it out since the rest of the bike has been modded in some way.........lol

I like the idea of upgrading the rear brake to match the upgraded fronts....

If I understand correctly, the 250R caliper just gives you more pad surface area? :geek:

I like the idea of upgrading the rear brake to match the upgraded fronts....

If I understand correctly, the 250R caliper just gives you more pad surface area? :geek:

the 250r is dual piston vs the banshee is a single.

Also that rotor is a custom stainless unit, its got a banshee ID and bolt pattern with the 250r OD

What do you have to do to make that caliper work (bracket and rotor)?

Nothing to the rotor, its just that small OD. (banshee bolt pattern and ID with the OD being the stock size for a 250r)

The caliper bolted right to a 250r brake stay that will work on any banshee round house swinger.

I did have to use a rotary tool and remove some aluminum material from the belly of the caliper mount to get the clearance that I needed and I had to either get thicker stand off for the mounting bolts or I had to shave them down. Cant remember now, I did this back in 2002

Is a dual piston setup really needed on the rear? Whats the advantage of a dual piston rear vs a single piston rear.? I've always found the single piston rear to be more then enough even on my 450.

I do however like the idea of return springs and opposing pistons for zero drag.

Is a dual piston setup really needed on the rear? Whats the advantage of a dual piston rear vs a single piston rear.? I've always found the single piston rear to be more then enough even on my 450.

Ya I am sure the rear is fine with upgraded fronts, but in true fashion of a banshee modder, it only seemed fair to swap out the rear for something that wasn't OE.