Dual Piston Brakes

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who has experience with billet dual piston brakes for Banshee? We are considering making some and was wanting input from hqr's on improvements to be made and anything helpful.

Thanks

Jerry

I have made my own rear calipers in the past.......... I have also played around with the one aftermarket drag racing package that is out there.

Let me know what you would like to know? :geek:

I'd like to see pistons on both sides, as well as return springs for zero brake drag.

I can't wait to see what you come up with on this one....

I have been thinking about that and from what I understand you have to constantly adjust the setup with zero drag because of the gap between the pads and rotor. On regular trail riding etc that gap could cause some serious problems if rocks and dirt get lodged in there and they will. We may have to have zero drag for the drag racing guys and regular for the standard crowd. Right now I am leaning toward no zero drag on any. The gap is still bothering me.

that pic is hot.

i got that mindbender rear. i am not to impressed with it. the only thing it would be good for is holding you still in the doubles. not stopping a 375 lb bike and 200 lb rider.

What is the benefit of one of those?

more stopping power, the OE brakes are barely adequete for a stock banshee let alone anything with a few mods.

I did this many moons ago.

When I started upgrading the brakes I was gonna have a set of arms made to accept 400ex spindles so I could have bigger brakes up front also. (note before the 450 craze)

Now that some days and nights........ok years have passed and we all know that the 450 front calipers are a direct swap to the banshee spindles I went that route instead of the custom arms.

F&F

PS. i know that the rear caliper is not the main stopping source, but I felt obligated to change it out since the rest of the bike has been modded in some way.........lol

Edited by Flash and Flare