Dual Piston Brakes

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know for the drag guys they remove front brakes. How many people would be interested in dual piston front brakes as well? Desert guys? Asphalt guys?

The YFZ450 front setup will probably cover most folks needs on the front....

I didn't run front brakes on my hill/drag bike and the OEM Banshee caliper wasn't enough to slow it down....... A bigger rear caliper that is a direct bolt-on is probably what most folks need. You need to probably use some type of OEM pads from a sport bike to make the product useful. Some of the Formula Atlantic cars run pad from a litre bike on their diff. outputs in an integrated opposed 3 piston caliper design (6 pistons total). I could see making a single caliper setup like that work pretty well, but plunge EDM'ing or gun drilling the fluid ports is a design drawback for such a long style of caliper. :geek:

The YFZ450 front setup will probably cover most folks needs on the front....

I didn't run front brakes on my hill/drag bike and the OEM Banshee caliper wasn't enough to slow it down....... A bigger rear caliper that is a direct bolt-on is probably what most folks need. You need to probably use some type of OEM pads from a sport bike to make the product useful. Some of the Formula Atlantic cars run pad from a litre bike on their diff. outputs in an integrated opposed 3 piston caliper design (6 pistons total). I could see making a single caliper setup like that work pretty well, but plunge EDM'ing or gun drilling the fluid ports is a design drawback for such a long style of caliper. :geek:

As of now I plan on making some two piston and four piston all opposing rear calipers. My guess is that the dual piston will work just slightly better than a dual piston yfz450 caliper and the four piston will satisfy all other requirements. Just a guess so far but we'll see.

Thanks

Is the Banshee master and reservior capable of producing the power and fuild capacity needed to support such an application?

That is a good question. It all depends on the size of the piston used. It is definitely a design challenge. :geek:

• 5 years later...
  • 3 years later...