Best coolant for a shee

ATF Type F and Engine Ice.

I only use water in my cooling system, antifreeze can trash nikasil in a plated motor, but...engine ice should do you fine.

has anyone tried grounding the radiator to the engine? i know not doing so in a tractor is guaranteed to pit the sleeves. seen it plenty on 07-08 modles that the factory forgot. new piston packs and some block repair free..... well we did the work.

ATF Type F and Engine Ice.

I only use water in my cooling system, antifreeze can trash nikasil in a plated motor, but...engine ice should do you fine.

Engine Ice and regular 10w40 oil. I think its too hot here for tranny fluid, seen a lot of clutch rods weld to the ball. Not a fun fix.

im here in Phx and have alway used 50/50mix of the green shit.. and I have used the ATF type F for over a year and with dunes and trail riding I think that the ATF works better for the wet clutch. You have to change it more often but I just go to walmart and get the cheap shit sense I change it ALOT. Just split the cases the other night and the trans looks new. I blew up my crank so a new one is on the way then off to true and weld. And as for riding here in AZ you might want to look into get a Temp gauge. I was talking to LiftdT4R and he said that he got a 16PSI guage/rad cap and that autozone/ autoplaces should be carrying them. That way you can keep an eye on the temps. and I never ride my bashee in over 100deg temps...

Run prestone antifreeze, 50/50 with water. the antifreeze will keep from freezing and keep the waterpump well lubricated!!

strait water is no good for the average bike.

you can add a water wetter to antifreeze /water combo also. but the water wetter does work better with strait water.

only recomend using water and water wetter if its a drag race bike that is going to get short time usages.

if your bike runs hot with regular antifreeze you have to look further into the bike, wronge - timing-fuel-clogged radiator- bad impeller(in water pump)- ..

Sometimes if your bike spitts antifreeze out from the overflow hose its not running hot ! Its a bad head gasket or bad radiator cap!! hope this helps !!!

bored @ work so i figured i would put my 2 cents in !! lol

---- and yes she does ride a banshee ... lol

post-28129-1245432804.jpg