Post your cross country here

i can sympathize, my banshee wears me out three times as fast as my 450. If your looking at a new throttle, just buy the dual gasser, if your thumb gets tired start using the twist throttle. I love it. Depending on how much your willing to spend, the flexx bars are nice i have on my 450 and want them on my banshee, but would be to high since I already have my GPR mounted on the steering stem. Oh how i miss harescambles, looked like a blast.

yea the race was pretty fun. they just posted up the scores this evenin and I placed 5th out of 11 people in the class, not too bad I guess. the course was alot tighter and rougher than I thought it was gonna be. but I think then funnest parts was the water crossings where all the people was screaming and cheering us on, thats when i'd really put the hammer down and let it scream. right after that that creek crossing in the video there was a real long stretch beside the tree line, probably about a quarter mile long. I got up to like 5th gear wide open before it came to a big gully crossing.

Yeah probably the most technical cource for me was the Rausch Creek Nat'l Harescramble in PA. That race beat me down. Alot of machines also, there were almost 30 in my class. i did well considering i rolled my machine in alittle ravine and couldnt get it flipped back over. I ended up finshing 6th after the crash. I have yet to race a harescramble that was smooth, it wouldnt be a harescramble without the teeth jarring rock beads and technical sections. When i move back to the east coast i will be happy t race them again, unfortunately Alaska doesnt have harescrambles. When i do start racing them again i will get tireballs, pretty bad i still get flats with beadlocks. the job keeps me away from racing alot so thats why i couldnt race last year since I was in AZ all summer and now overseas.

Edited by micorps1

• 5 weeks later...

I bought her new in 2006 and she done qute a few cross country races...

4mm Longrod (trial ported)

33m PWKs

Pro Circuits

Upgraded front end

Custom aluminum airbox

YFZ450 calipers

and more..

27052009090h.jpg

img0502uv0.jpg

bansheecj9.jpg

Edited by 2strokespirit

its all good that we have seen it alot of times, i enjoy seeing pics. But i got to ask where did you get your PT. I am beginning to get obsessed with those pipes :woot:

Shameless self promotion. :biggrin:

They are great pipes!! I got them from a member on here who hardly ever used them. I got them for $200, but they looked really rough. I had them PCed with high temp, and now they look brand new now.

Ive tried almost every trail pipe out there, FMF Gnarlies, Fatties, SSTs, T5s, Pro Circuits, Bills, DG, LRDs. And I like the PTs the best, hands down. They pull from the bottom on up through the middle, I'm running a very very mild motor, and the thing is a freakin stump puller. I thought about doing a 4 mil on my build, but I threw these pipes on, and I was surpised at how much extra low end they have. I'm still going to do a 4 mil one day, but the pipes helped out a lot. They are def not top end pipes though. The shee has a little more up top, more so then stock, but these arent going to add top end like CPIs or Shearers.

The pipes I would reccomend second are the old style LRD adjustable pipes which I run on my 2002, they are nice because you can play with the adjustment to get just the right hit that you want. I think I have a pic of them somewhere.

I do use this strictly as a play bike. I don't race it, so my opinion might be a little biased.

Edited by LiftdT4R

hey liftdT4R, what kind of thumb throttle do you have there on your XC bike? in that pic looking at the gas tank and handel bars, it looks like the thumb throttle lever is setup flat along the handlebar grip. thats the kind of setup im trying to fix on mine, its just got the stock throttle right now, and after about a hour of riding I can barely push the throttle cause of the angle the throttle arm is at.

hey liftdT4R, what kind of thumb throttle do you have there on your XC bike? in that pic looking at the gas tank and handel bars, it looks like the thumb throttle lever is setup flat along the handlebar grip. thats the kind of setup im trying to fix on mine, its just got the stock throttle right now, and after about a hour of riding I can barely push the throttle cause of the angle the throttle arm is at.

It's the Terry Cable Dual Gasser. It's a lot bigger then the stock throttle, but it is easier on the thumb, and it also turns into a twist throttle if you pop the pin undreneath it. I like it a lot, but it does take up a lot of space on the handlebars.

hey man a 400sx or 450r throttle will help out a ton.