Post your cross country here

I'm curious on how you mount that VW steering stabilizer? Are they the same as one you'd buy or is modification needed to mount it..

I had to do some moddifications but it wasn`t bad though and a whole lot cheaper than the aftermarket ones. It cost me about 35.00 in materials and an hour in time.I mounted took it out for the first practice in a desert race at first I didn`t think it was working. so I disconnected it went out did 1 lap pulled back in and hooked back up. I have used it ever since then it was on my old chassis for 4 years. I liked it enough to put it on my new frame too. The vw 1 is fairly long I welded a bracket on the lower frame between the front 2 motor mounts, below the exhaust head pipes. The cylinder portion mounts there. I haven`t had any problems with the exhaust overheating the cylinder either. I guess there is enough clearance and air flow down there to keep it cool. On the stering stem I welded a tab to it for the shaft end of the stabilizer. I am sure a clamp on one could be made if you wanted to go that route. I just used some scrap metal for the tabs. Its not adjustable like the aftermarket ones but it works good for me.

It does take more effort to turn the bars compared to not having one. Like with anything else you get used to it.But with all the rocks in the trails out here it helps quite a bit

Edited by desertdeweller

mine could be if i wanted it to i guess :smile: :shrug: i have an oversized tank and all. got plastics coming all carbon and it'll prob get stretched :evil:

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/3180/1000370rfr.jpg

nice bikes tho yal. good thread.

sweet bike bro, but no skid plate in the rear? how does it do in cross country?

heres some pictures of my banshee I bought last week. has beadlock rear wheels, full skidplates on the whole bike, fmf gnarly exhaust, vforce3's, noss coolhead and ported cylinders. only thing I put on it so far is the 5 gal gas tank and works front shocks. plan on doing a XC race with it in a few weeks. the bike screams on the topend, but the clutch slips alot when ever it gets in the powerband. still havent pulled the clutch cover to see what its packin. all it needs is a decent set of tires (already got an extra set of razr 2's for the front) and the clutch issue fixed and it will be a solid bike.

DSC02526.jpg

DSC02525.jpg

DSC02524.jpg

DSC02523.jpg