Leakdown Tester

docjcwatson

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

And it didn't really specify but does your piston need to be at TDC or doest it matter?

Doesn't matter. Jerk the carbs and exhaust off and plug the exhaust and mount leak down parts into intake boots. Pump it up to 6 lbs and wait 6 minutes and see if there is a drop in pressure. If there is a drop in pressure, check your leak down tester and exhaust plugs first.

• 7 months later...

I am out of town currently (baby on the way) and I want to take advantage of buying materials needed to build a tester. I live in a remote area with limited supplies and or higher prices. I didn't think about this until now and I don't have my wheeler here to take measurements so I'm wondering if anyone can help me out on what size freeze plugs I'll need for stock cylinders, and also what size pvc to buy for 33mm pwk carb boots? Inside diameter. The rest of the list mentioned by OP, I should be good to go. Thanks a lot

• 5 months later...

Note to other noobs like myself, measure your stuff, the sizes of pipe and plugs used here are way too big for my motor, so I dont know if the one used was modified? But just an FYI, save the rest of you from making multiple trips to the store!

• 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...